Planning for future development in Greenview helps to create a vibrant, social, economic and environmentally sustainable and diverse community. We strive to provide quality customer service to residents, developers, builders, Council and others involved in the planning, design and development of our community.

What is the purpose of a Land Use Bylaw?
Land Use Bylaw 18-800  controls and guides the use and development of all land and buildings within Greenview.

The Land Use Bylaw includes:

  • procedures to process and decide on a change of land use (land use amendment);
  • procedures to process, decide, and appeal development permit and subdivision applications;
  • development requirements such as setbacks from the road, setbacks from property lines, square footage, etc.
  • permitted and discretionary uses for each land use district; and
  • Land use maps

Where can I view maps for the zoning of a specific property?
Land use maps, included in Land Use Bylaw 18-800, show the zoning for a specific property. As changes are ongoing, please contact planning development staff for additional information and to ensure the map reflects the most current information.

Where can I find the Grande Cache Land Use Bylaw?
Greenview is presently developing a consolidation of the Grande Cache Land Use Bylaw with Greenview’s current Land Use Bylaw 18-800. Until that time, the Grande Cache Land Use Bylaw 799 remains in effect for the Hamlet of Grande Cache.