Animal licensing is only required within the Hamlet of Grande Cache.
Enforcement of animal control in Grande Cache is provided through a contract with Little Critters – Bed & Biscuit pursuant to Bylaw No. 801 – Animal Control and Boarding of Impounded Dogs.
- Please “like” and follow the Town of Grande Cache Pound Facebook page to receive updates on impounded animals. Only impounded animals will be posted to this page.
Little Critters – Bed & Biscuit | 10001 – 99th Street, Grande Cache, AB
Grande Cache Pound
In Grande Cache, all dogs 4 months or older must be licensed. Licensing your dog is easy and important. A license identifies you as your pet’s owner if he or she gets lost. A license provides peace of mind should your dog go missing.
Animal Licensing is available at:
Grande Cache Public Service Building
10002 Shand Avenue
Little Critters – Bed & Biscuit
Annual Licensing Fees for Dogs
See Schedule “A” Animal Control By-Law No. 810
- The following fees apply for dog licenses obtained on or before the first day of February in each year:
- Spayed/Neutered Animal | $20.00
- Unspayed/Unneutered Animal | $30.00
- For licenses applied for after February 1, a $10.00 penalty will be assessed in addition to the fees prescribed above, provided that such penalty will not apply where:
- The dog for which the license is sought achieved the age of four (4) months within thirty (30) days of the application date;
- Satisfactory evidence is provided to confirm that the Owner only established residency in the Town within thirty (30) days of the application date; or
- Satisfactory evidence is provided to confirm that the dog for which the license is sought was acquired by the Owner within thirty (30) days of the application date.
- The replacement fee for a lost or defaced license tag is $5.00.