Located on Highway 40 and surrounded by stunning panoramic vistas of the Canadian Rockies, the Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre has much to offer the curious traveler, newcomers to our community and long-time residents. We are more than just a tourism information centre.
The Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre can provide all your tourism information needs; our friendly staff encourages you to explore our history and culture. We host community programs and events; and provide school and special group tours.
The Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre showcases the fascinating history of the area through exhibits and displays featuring ice age artifacts, dinosaur tracks, Aboriginal heritage and fur trading, full animal mounts, tree and geological descriptions and local industry.
There is also the Bighorn Gallery Gift Shop, the Esson Gale Art Gallery, and space available for meetings and conferences. Make sure to save time to tour the Bird’s Eye View Park featuring interpretive trails and gazebo style picnic areas, outside of the Centre. A replica of a “cache” along with other historic buildings is also on site.
Hours: Thursday to Monday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Come and check out fully stocked gift shop and updated interpretive displays.
For the safety of our guests and staff members, please follow the below procedures:
- Maximum 8 public members at the Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre
- Please utilize floor markers to ensure physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres is adhered to
- If all floor markers are occupied, please wait outside.
Entering into the facility:
- Please use the hand sanitizer available and help yourself to gloves and/or a mask if you wish.
- Complete the questionnaire with the pen provided. The pen is a gift for you to keep.
- Present your completed questionnaire to one of our friendly customer service representatives located at the front desk.
- Do not enter the building if you have been experiencing any flu like symptoms.
- Please do not visit today if you have a cough or fever, or have traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- Comply with physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres between individuals.
- Follow all mass gathering guidelines and limit congregating when entering and exiting the area.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after using the facility.
Thank you for your cooperation for a healthy and safe re-opening.
Hours of Operation:
- Thursday to Monday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- We will be closed to the public on Tuesday and Wednesday until further notice.
- Retail Gift Shop
- Art Gallery
- Wildlife, History & Industry Displays
- Meeting Room Rentals
- Home to Grande Cache Historical Society
- Bird’s Eye View Interpretive Park
- Historical Buildings
- Picnic Area
COVID Friendly Easter Egg Hunt, Scavenger Hunt & Coloring Contest
- Poster and event details
- Easter Egg coloring template
- Easter Egg Hunt details
- The Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre and the Grande Cache Recreation Centre Programs Department have partnered to offer a COVID friendly Family Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday March 28, 2021, at the Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre!
- Please call 780-827-3300 to book a 20-minute time slot to search for easter eggs with your family in 1 of the 2 locations that will be set up outside
- We have 14 available time slots with 2 families able to book for each.
- Time slots start at 9:30 am and with the last time slot at 4:00 pm on Sunday, March 28
- We will only be taking 2 families (one family in each location) for each time slot so we can follow the Covid restrictions of 10 people
- Please make sure you arrive on time for your time slot as the staff will be sanitizing and setting up in between each timeslot to make sure we are ready for the next family
- When you register for a time slot you will be entered to win one of gift baskets
- Please bring your own basket to collect your Easter eggs
- Please follow COVID regulations in place
- When you arrive for your timeslot, please head into the Tourism Centre to get instructions for your Family Easter Egg Hunt. We will have staff in place to help make this family activity fun and COVID friendly.
Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre
9701 100 Street (HWY 40), Grande Cache, Alberta
PO Box 1079
780-827-3300 | Toll-Free 1-888-827-3790
Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre