The Municipal District of Greenview’s Operations maintains approximately 2,107 kilometers of gravel roads and approximately 177 kilometers of paved surfaces, to ensure safety for all travelers using municipal roadways.
- Road Maintenance
- Roadside Ditch Clean-Up Agreement 2021
- Road Bans
- 2021 Residential Dust Control Application
- 2021 Industrial Dust Control Application
- Road Use Agreements
- 2021 Snowplow Agreement Form
- Snowplowing of Private Driveways Program
- brushing along municipal roads
- any other municipal repair/upgrade project
- MISCELLANEOUS WORK REQUESTS FORM – A completed miscellaneous work request form is required for consideration and/or review for the following: drainage/ditching concerns along municipal roads; repair and replace culverts.
- Brushing Program – The Brushing Program employs a saw crew of 5 people from May to October of each year. The crew is responsible for brushing out right of ways and intersections for safety purposes
- Roadside Ditch Mowing – There are 2 roadside ditch mowing crews with 3 employees per crew. This crew runs tractors (front wheel assist with 15 ft. pull behind mowers) five days a week from mid-June to the end of October. As a result with every ditch in the municipality is mowed at least once and approximately 25% of the ditches are mowed a second time. This crew is also responsible for mowing our environmental drainage projects.
- Beaver Control within M.D. road allowances
- Gravel Program – The M.D.’s gravel program is a rotational three-year program with approximately 300,000 tonnes of gravel applied annually. Gravel prospecting, crushing, and reclamation projects are administered through this department.
- Fleet Management Click on any of the links to obtain a form then submit to:
4802 – 36 Ave., Box 1079
Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0