As a department within Infrastructure and Engineering, Operations is responsible for road maintenance, as well as fleet services within Greenview. This includes fleet and mechanical services throughout Greenview, snowplowing services, road grading and re-gravelling, dust control, road bans and road bonds, road use agreements and permits, log haul agreements, management of gravel pits and leases, traffic signs, crosswalks and sidewalks, roadside brushing and mowing, drainage, culvert replacements, repairs, and upgrades.
The Municipal District of Greenview’s Operations maintains approximately 1,995 kilometres of gravel roads and approximately 264 kilometres of paved surfaces, to ensure safety for all travellers using municipal roadways.
As per the Schedule of Fees Bylaw, the Community Aggregate Payment Levy is $0.40 per Tonne.
Operations Services Department maintains approximately 2500 kilometres of gravel roads and approximately 164 kilometres of paved surfaces within Greenview to ensure safety for all travellers using municipal roadways. The municipality is divided into two areas; East and West, both of these areas have a full-time road supervisor and an assistant road foreman. These areas employ 13 full-time equipment operators.
Operations is divided into 4 operational areas: Operations East oversees the Little Smoky, Sunset House, New Fish Creek, Valleyview, and Ridgevalley areas. Operations Central oversees the Puskwaskau, DeBolt, Goodwin, and North Forestry Trunk Road areas. Operations West oversees the Grovedale area and the hamlets within. Operations South oversees the Hamlet of Grande Cache, local roads in the area, and South Forestry Trunk Road.
The Operations Services Department is responsible for:
- Road Maintenance
- Roadside Ditch Clean-Up Agreement 2023
- Road Bans
- Residential & Industrial Dust Control Applications
- Road Use Agreements
- Snowplow Agreement Form
- Snowplowing of Private Driveways Program
- brushing along municipal roads
- any other municipal repair/upgrade project
- MISCELLANEOUS WORK REQUESTS FORM – A completed miscellaneous work request form is required for consideration and/or review for the following: drainage/ditching concerns along municipal roads; repair and replacement of culverts.
- Brushing Program – The Brushing Program consists of employees and contractors who are responsible for brushing out right of ways and intersections for safety purposes.
- Roadside Ditch Mowing – There is 2 roadside ditch mowing crews with 3 employees per crew. This crew runs tractors (front-wheel assist with 15 ft. pull behind mowers) five days a week from mid-June to the end of October. As a result, every ditch in the municipality is mowed at least once and approximately 25% of the ditches are mowed a second time. This crew is also responsible for mowing our environmental drainage projects.
- Beaver Dam Control within M.D. road allowances.
- Gravel Program – Greenview’s gravel program is a rotational three-year program with approximately 300,000 tonnes of gravel applied annually. Gravel prospecting, crushing, and reclamation projects are administered through this department.
- Fleet Management
- Click on any of the links to obtain the form then submit it to:
Box 1079, 4806-36 Avenue
Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0