Parks & Playgrounds
Nitehawk Year-Round Adventure Park
Grande Prairie Ski Club
Jonathon Clarkson, Acting General Manager
P. O. Box 1006
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4B5
Little Smoky Ski Area
M.D. of Smoky River
Lucien Turcotte, Administrator
P. O. Box 210
Falher, AB T0H 1M0
Parks & Playgrounds in Grande Cache
Located at the corner of Hoppe Ave & Shand Avenue at the Grande Cache Recreation Centre
- Climbing Rock Feature
- Paved Trails
- Green Gym
- Spray Park & change room facility
HAMELL STREET PARK
Turn onto Berge Drive from Hoppe Ave and turn left on Hamell Street.
- Basketball nets, paved court for multiuse
MT. STEARN PARK
At the corner of 105 St & 104 Ave.
- Playground with climbing wall
- Saucer swings
- Soft tiling
- Group coordination play feature
Located in Central Park along Shand Avenue.
- Outdoor gym with a full range of fitness equipment
STEARN CRESCENT PARK
Turn onto Berge Drive from Hoppe Avenue and turn right on Stearn Crescent.
- Playground with swings
At the south end of 104 Street & 97 Avenue.
- A natural playground with trails
ROTARY CLUB PLAYGROUND
Located minutes south of town on Highway 40 at Grande Cache Lake.
- Natural beach
- Day use picnic areas with fire pits
- Boat launch & dock
- Playground with climbing wall & slides
BIRDS EYE VIEW INTERPRETIVE PARK
Located at the Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre
- Interpretive trails
- Picnic areas
- Historical buildings
JAG MEMORIAL PARK
At the lower level of the Ball Diamonds.
- Playground including swings, slide and climbing features
Located in Central Park. Open June to September, 11:00 am - 8:00 pm daily
- Water Spray Features
- Picnic tables
- Change & washroom facilities
Turn left off Memorial Drive.
- 4 Ball Diamonds with enclosed player benches, bleachers & picnic tables.
- Slo Pitch League & Tournaments
- Four basketball nets on paved court are located beside the Recreation Centre.
Turn left off Memorial Drive at the Ball Diamonds.
- BMX track
Location: At south end of 104 Street, follow gravel road for 1.9 km to the fenced area.
- Covered shelter, BBQ area, fire pit, playground and horseshoes.
- For group bookings, email: firstname.lastname@example.org