What is a land use amendment?
A land use amendment is a request to rezone a property from one land use district to another land use district. It requires an amendment to Greenview’s Land Use Bylaw No. 18-800.

What are the steps in the land use amendment process?
Once the Land Use Amendment Application has been received, the following process is required to meet legislative guidelines:

  • Notices will be sent to referral agencies and stakeholders who must be given one month to respond;
  • A development officer will perform a site inspection;
  • The application will be reviewed by Council;
  • Council may give first reading of the Bylaw;
  • If first reading is given, a public hearing date is scheduled;
  • notice of public hearing is advertised in a local paper for two consecutive weeks and at least five days prior to the hearing and adjacent landowners are notified; and
  • A public hearing is held and Council may give second and third readings.

How long is the land use amendment process?
Land use amendment applications can take up to 4 to 6 months to process.

How much does a Land Use Amendment cost?
Land use amendment fees are regulated by Greenview’s current Schedule of Fees Bylaw.