The Grande Cache Recreation Centre has a new well-equipped fitness centre with the following equipment:
- Free weights, squat rack, various barbells, dumbbells, a squat rack, a Smith Machine, various benches and mirrors
- Cable Machines include: Seated Row, Peck deck/Reverse Fly, Assisted Dip/Chin-up, Lat Pull down, Leg Press, Leg Extension/Curl Combo and a Dual Adjustable Pulley machine
- SCIFIT recumbent stepper total body toner
- Treadmills, elliptical machine, a rowing machine, a stationary bike, a recumbent bike and spin bikes
- Stability balls, resistance bands, medicine balls, kettle bells, mats, ropes and steps
FITNESS CENTRE HOURS & BOOKING INFORMATION:
EFFECTIVE November 2, 2020, the Fitness Centre Hours are:
Monday – Friday:
Saturday & Sunday:
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 27, 2020:
As COVID-19 cases continue to climb across the province, the Government of Alberta has released enhanced measures to slow down and limit the spread. The MD of Greenview currently is listed at an enhanced status and will be following all mandatory and recommended measures for communities within the purple zone. Based on these measures, effective Friday, November 27, 2020 for 3 weeks or until further notice, the following guidelines and changes are in effect:
FITNESS CENTRE GUIDELINES:
- Only solo workouts are permitted unless you are with your household members or your two cohorts (if you live alone)
- The facility is open for individual studio time, training or exercise only
- No group fitness, group classes, group training, team practices or games until further notice
- Patrons are given a bottle and cloth as they sign-in at Guest Services. It is recommended that patrons clean equipment before and after use
- Maximum 15 patrons in the Fitness Centre at once
- Masks are mandatory in the facility until patrons arrive in the Fitness Centre
- Physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres must be adhered to
FITNESS CENTRE BOOKING PROCEDURE:
- Patrons are no longer required to book a time-slot prior to arriving to the Fitness Centre
- First come first serve
- Maximum 15 people at once in the Fitness Centre
- Change rooms, lockers and washrooms are available in the Fitness Centre
- It is recommended that you bring your own hand sanitizer and water
- Yoga mats, bands, and skipping ropes will not be available at this time. Please bring your own equipment if you would like to incorporate it into your workout.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- All patrons will be asked to sign in giving their full name and phone number as per AHS standards.
- All patrons will be required to complete the COVID-19 self-screening tool (this includes taking temperatures) prior to entrance of the facility and commencement of any activity. Any participant that is exhibiting any symptoms cannot enter the facility or participate.
- Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use visit.
- Comply with physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres between individuals.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after using the facility.
- Follow all mass gathering guidelines and limit congregating when entering and exiting the area.
- During high intensity aerobic activity, the physical distancing guideline is 9 feet between individuals.
- Follow tape and/or facility markers on the floor to define designated areas and manage flow of participants.
- Additional sanitation stations are placed around the facility and the facility is on an active COVID cleaning schedule.