The Grande Cache Recreation Centre has a new well-equipped fitness centre with the following equipment:
- Free weights, squat rack, various barbells, dumbbells, a squat rack, a Smith Machine, various benches and mirrors
- Cable Machines include: Seated Row, Peck deck/Reverse Fly, Assisted Dip/Chin-up, Lat Pull down, Leg Press, Leg Extension/Curl Combo and a Dual Adjustable Pulley machine
- SCIFIT recumbent stepper total body toner
- Treadmills, elliptical machine, a rowing machine, a stationary bike, a recumbent bike and spin bikes
- Stability balls, resistance bands, medicine balls, kettle bells, mats, ropes and steps
FITNESS CENTRE HOURS & BOOKING INFORMATION:
EFFECTIVE June 21, 2021, the Fitness Centre Hours are:
Monday – Friday:
Saturday & Sunday:
For updated COVID-19 information, please call 780.827.2446.
FITNESS CENTRE GUIDELINES:
- Patrons are given a bottle and cloth as they sign-in at Guest Services. It is recommended that patrons clean equipment before and after use
- Masks are mandatory in the facility until patrons arrive in the Fitness Centre
- Physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres must be adhered to
FITNESS CENTRE BOOKING PROCEDURE:
- Patrons are no longer required to book a time-slot prior to arriving to the Fitness Centre
- First come first serve
- Change rooms, lockers and washrooms are available in the Fitness Centre
- It is recommended that you bring your own hand sanitizer and water
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- All patrons will be asked to sign in giving their full name and phone number as per AHS standards.
- All patrons will be required to complete the COVID-19 self-screening tool (this includes taking temperatures) prior to entrance of the facility and commencement of any activity. Any participant that is exhibiting any symptoms cannot enter the facility or participate.
- Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use visit.
- Comply with physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres between individuals.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after using the facility.
- Follow all mass gathering guidelines and limit congregating when entering and exiting the area.
- During high intensity aerobic activity, the physical distancing guideline is 9 feet between individuals.
- Follow tape and/or facility markers on the floor to define designated areas and manage flow of participants.
- Additional sanitation stations are placed around the facility and the facility is on an active COVID cleaning schedule.