Rancher’s Guide to Predator Attacks on Livestock – Government of Alberta Document
Wolf Harvest Incentive Program
How do you qualify?
- A wolf must be humanely harvested on or within 8 km of the agricultural area. You will be asked for a legal land location for our records
- Must be an adult wolf
- If trapped, we will be required to have a copy of your trapping license on file
- If harvested on lands other than your own land, a written permission letter must be submitted with the wolf with a stated land location(s)
How to submit a wolf?
- You must call a minimum of one business day ahead to ensure an Agricultural Representative is available (typically Monday mornings for Valleyview and Tuesday mornings for Grovedale)
- Permission letter, if wolf was harvest on lands other than your own
- Copy of trapping license, if trapped
- Annual pre-registration (can be filled out on day of submission)
- Contract of Participation (filled out on day of submission)