- Regular Council Meeting – All Day November 27, 2017
- DRAFT LAND USE BYLAW OPEN HOUSE – 7:00 pm November 27, 2017
- Agricultural Services Board Meeting – All Day November 29, 2017
- Regular Council Meeting – All Day December 11, 2017
- Regular Municipal Planning Commission Meeting – 9:00 am December 12, 2017
Subscribe to Updates
- Programs & Services
- Column 1
- Column 2
- Column 3
News & Announcements
Please be advised that the Grovedale office will be closed the following dates and times:
December 4th – 8:00 am to 10:00 am
December 20th – All Day – reopening December 21st at 8:00 am
If you require assistance during one of these closures please contact the Valleyview office of the MD of Greenview at 1-888-524-7601.
The Government of Alberta has announced that the Tri-Municipal Industrial Partnership will receive funding from Alberta Economic Development and Trade’s Community and Regional Economic Support (CARES) program. The Municipal District of Greenview, City of Grande Prairie and County of Grande Prairie are partners in the Tri-Municipal Industrial Partnership and representatives of the three municipalities attended this morning’s announcement with Minister Deron Bilous.
Today’s announcement provides $210,000 in provincial funding through the CARES Grant program to develop the Tri-Municipal Partnership Gold Creek Industrial Development Strategy. The funds will be matched by the Tri-Municipal Partnership. The funding will be used to complete an Area Structure Plan, Market Analysis, and Environmental Review for the Gold Creek Industrial Development area which will be located in Greenview, 40 kilometres south of Grande Prairie.
For details on today’s announcement go to the Alberta Government’s News Release.
Travellers throughout the Municipal District of Greenview may experience hazardous driving conditions today. There is a freezing rain warning in effect for Fox Creek and Valleyview has had freezing rain in the past 24 hours. Highway 40 is icy and partially covered, travellers may experience delays. For more information go to www.511alberta.ca.
Alberta Environment and Parks has issued an approval for the construction of a temporary bridge by Weyerhaeuser Company Ltd., case number 00403778. Appeals must be submitted by November 28th. For more information please read the full Notice of Decision.
For more information on crop diseases, please follow the link.
Predator Calling Workshop
Friday, December 15,2017
9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Valleyview Gun Range
What is this about?
- A presentation on how farmers, hunters and neighbours can work together to manage predation of livestock
- Understanding coyotes, wolves and cougars
- Habits and methods of successful and constant predator hunters
- Firearms session at the range (bring your firearms, ammo, etc. to use at the range)
- Tools and preparation
- Coyote and wolf management and regulation
- The value and importance of patience and respect for predators
- Lunch, refreshments and a predator call included
- Door prize draw
- $30.00 per person
- Only room for 20 participants
- Registration closes on December 08, 2017
For more information and to pre-register, call Beverly at 780-524-7621
Discretionary Development Permits have been issued in accordance with Greenview’s Land Use Bylaw No. 03-396.
- Agriculture Appeal Committee
- Cemetery Committee for Grovedale
- Cemetery Committee for New Fish Creek
If you are interested in joining one of the above please fill out and return the Board & Committee Application Form.
A Public Open House regarding the Draft Land Use Bylaw will address areas of interest specific to Sturgeon Lake area residents; however, it is open to all other Greenview residents as well. Join us on Monday, November 27, 2017, at the Sturgeon Heights Hall for a formal presentation at 7:00 p.m. with a question and answer period to follow the presentation.
Recently, confirmation of clubroot symptoms were found in multiple fields in Big Lakes County and M.D of Greenview in commercial canola fields. What this means is that growers within the MD of Greenview need to be vigilant with their scouting program and have in place a management strategy for this disease. For more information, please follow the link.