Rural Address: 4372 Kakwa River Road
Kakwa River Provincial Recreation Area is maintained by Greenview. It includes 7 non-serviced campsites with fire pits and picnic tables on a first-come, first-serve basis. Kakwa has garbage/recycle containment, an outhouse, and a small parking area. Kakwa has a non-potable water pump available on site.
A beautiful area for fishing, hiking, and horseback trails.
There is a camping fee of $25.00 per night (per unit) with first-come, first-serve registration (cash/cheque payment options only with registration box onsite).
Kakwa River Provincial Recreation Area will be accessible to the public on a seasonal basis, typically prior to the May Long Weekend until Thanksgiving, dependant on the weather.
- Be Bear Smart
- Please use the dog waste bags provided. Remember to stoop and scoop.
Campsite/Day Use Regulations
- No customers shall interfere with the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of a Park by others
- Day-use hours are from 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
- Dogs are to be kept on a leash or otherwise controlled at all times
- The consumption of liquor is prohibited outside of registered campsites
- No fireworks
- Sites must be kept clean