The Grande Cache Campground offers full-service RV or tent camping in a spectacular mountain setting.
Located within the Hamlet of Grande Cache, our campground has immediate access to baseball diamonds, hiking and multi-use trails, and the Grande Cache Golf & Country Club. The campground is operated by Grande Cache, MD of Greenview and is open May long weekend until October (weather permitting).
Online Booking Information & COVID-19 Safety Precautions:
Grande Cache Campground will open on May 21, 2021.
Online Reservations start May 12, 2021, at 7:00 am.
Please read and comply with the information below:
- 1 RV per site with functioning toilet/shower
- Group tent sites will be restricted to social distancing requirement and current COVID-19 guidelines
- Shared use facilities such as bathrooms, showers, laundry, playgrounds, picnic areas, and cook shack will be limited in access to 1 user or family at a time.
- Campers must use dumpsters located by the woodshed for all garbage and recycling. DO NOT use firepits for garbage
- Physical distancing requirements must be adhered to at all times and observe gathering restrictions by staying in own campsite
- Co-mingling of campsites is NOT PERMITTED to ensure safe physical distancing
COVID-19 prevention measures are in effect following Alberta Health Services recommendations:
- Please do not enter the campground if you are experiencing symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, or are otherwise required to isolate or quarantine
- Bring a cloth or sheet to cover the picnic table in your site before using it
- Bring alcohol-based sanitizer recommended for hand hygiene when soap and water are not available
- A Greenview Campground Attendant will sanitize each site after each use
Phone: 780.827.2404 during regular office hours (8:30 am – 7:00 pm)
Online Reservation: https://www.campreservations.ca/sites/site-details/673
- 77 large treed sites (56 full-service, 21 partial-service, 1 open tenting area)
- All sites include a picnic table
- Laundry facilities
- Shower and washroom facilities
- Lit roadways
- Free WiFi
2021 Fee Schedule (prices include GST)
- Full-service (power, water, and sewer) $40.00 per night
- Partial-service (power and water) $35.00 per night
- Monthly site rate (full service, 30 days)
- $1008.00 per month (contact for availability)
- Tenting (open area) $25.00 per night
- Firewood $20.00 per load wheelbarrow load
- Shower/washroom facilities Free of charge
- Laundry facilities Coin-operated
CAMPGROUND RESERVATION PROCEDURES
You will require a VISA/MC/AMEX and a valid email address (so you can receive your electronic receipt and reservation confirmation).
MAKING A RESERVATION
Click here to reserve your campsite on our secure server
Should you encounter problems with using the system, please email email@example.com with your issue and your telephone number and they will get in touch with you and guide you through the process.
“No Shows” will not be refunded under any circumstances.
If you wish to cancel your online reservation and receive a refund, we require a notice of a minimum of 3 business days (with noon being the starting time). All cancellations will be subject to a $5 service fee, and a one -night non-refundable deposit. There will no exceptions, regardless of the circumstances, so please see the examples below.
Example 1: You have a reservation for a long weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights). On Tuesday, you have a family emergency and you know that you will not be able to go camping that weekend. If you contact the Grande Cache Municipal Campground by telephone or email before Tuesday at noon, you will qualify for a refund. This allows 3 complete business days before the noon check-in time at the campground on Friday. If you call at any time after 12 noon on Tuesday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
Example 2: You have a reservation that starts next Tuesday. On Thursday you decide that you have to cancel your reservation. If you contact the Grande Cache Municipal Campground by telephone or email before Thursday at noon, you will qualify for a refund. This allows for 3 business days’ notice (Friday, Monday, and Tuesday) before the noon check-in on Tuesday. If you call at any time after 12 noon on Thursday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
INFORMATION AND CAMPGROUND PROCEDURES
Length of Stay Policy
- Check-in time 2:00 pm
- Check-out time 11:00 am
- All campers must register prior to parking their RV unit or setting up their tent
- Office hours are posted on the building
- Site checks are done daily by staff
Camp Permit Policy
- No one under 18 years of age will be granted a camping permit
- Please keep your campsite clean at all times
- Remember to store all food in a safe place. Do not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around
- Remember to keep BBQs clean
- A bottle/can recycle bin is located across from the Wood Shed
Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Quiet time is strictly enforced and noise will not be tolerated during these hours. Please respect other campers.
- Campfires in designated fire pits only
- No open or unattended fires
- Fireworks are not allowed
- All pets must be on a leash at all times
- You are required to clean up after your pet
- DO NOT drain grey water into the trees or bush, work areas or grass
- The sewage dump is located in front of the Operations Office at 9706 Shand Avenue or at the full-service sites
Shower, Washroom, and Laundry Facilities – Open under COVID-19 guidelines of limited use
- Located beside the main Campground Office
- Shower and washroom facilities are free of charge for registered campers only
- Washers and dryers are coin-operated. Change is available during office hours only
- Please keep the facilities clean for fellow campers
Self Registration – NOT available at this time – phone registration is available by contacting the Campground Office
Self registration is for one night only after office hours ONLY.
If you do not have cash, please leave your cell number to process a credit card payment. We do not accept personal cheques.
Please fill out the registration form located in the green mailbox. Must registration within 30 minutes of arriving at the site. Place the white copy of the registration with your payment inside the envelope and take the yellow copy for your records. Drop the sealed envelope in the slots.
Cook House and Day Use Area – COVID-19 Guidelines of limited use
- Registered campers can book the COok House through the Campground Office
- Day use area is located in the centre of the campground and is for all campground users
- Please keep your campsite clean at all times. Remember to store all food in a safe place. DOn not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around
- ATVs are not permitted to be operated in the campground.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in registered campsites only.
- Any damage to trees, sites, or any camp facilities will result in payment for the cost of clean-up, repairs, or replacement.
- Liability for loss or damage to personal property or personal injury, while on campground property, is solely the responsibility of occupants and guests.
- Failure to observe the above rules may be grounds for eviction.
Find us – Driving Directions
- From Hinton, head north on Highway 40. Once in town, take the second right off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue.
- From Grande Prairie, take Highway 40 south. Take your first left off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue as you arrive in Grande Cache.
- From Highway 40, turn east on Shand Avenue, turn left on 104 Avenue and continue onto Memorial Drive. Turn right at the Campground sign.
- Office Hours 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (Note: Coins for laundry & payment for firewood during office hours only)
Grande Cache Campground
10401 Memorial Drive | Access Road to the Campground SW 1/4 3 57 8 W6
PO Box 1079 | Valleyview, AB | T0H 3N0