The Grande Cache Municipal Campground offers full-service RV or tent camping in a spectacular mountain setting.
Located within Town limits, our campground has immediate access to baseball diamonds, hiking and multi-use trails, a BMX Track and the Grande Cache Golf & Country Club. The campground is operated by Grande Cache, MD of Greenview and is open May long weekend until October (weather permitting).
NOTICE October 13, 2020:
The Grande Cache Municipal Campground is now closed for the season and will re-open May 2021.
2020 Online Booking Information & COVID-19 Safety Precautions:
Grande Cache Municipal Campground will open on June 1, 2020
Online Reservations start May 19, 2020 at 7:00 am
CAMPING BY ONLINE RESERVATIONS ONLY in advance:
Please read and comply with the information below:
- Sites will operate at 50% capacity (as per provincial guidelines)
- You MUST camp in a self-contained unit and use your own functioning toilet, shower and bathroom facilities
- 1 RV per site with functioning toilet/shower
- All Tenting Sites are closed
- All shared use facilities such as bathrooms, showers, laundry, playgrounds, picnic areas, group camping sites and cookhouses will remain closed
- Campers must use dumpsters (across from wood shed) for all garbage and recycling. DO NOT use firepits for garbage
- Full-service campsites will only be used and all contain a sewer dump
- Disposable Gloves used for dumping MUST BE put in garbage dumpsters
- Physical distancing requirements must be adhered to at all times and observe gathering restrictions by staying in own campsite
- Co-mingling of campsites is NOT PERMITTED to ensure safe physical distancing
- Provincial Fire Ban in effect. NO FIRES ALLOWED. Visit www.albertafirebans.ca for the latest updates
Promoting COVID-19 prevention measures are in effect following Alberta Health Services recommendations:
- Please do not enter the campground if you are experiencing symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, or are otherwise required to isolate or quarantine.
- Bring a cloth or sheet to cover the picnic table in your site before using it.
- Bring alcohol-based sanitizer recommended for hand hygiene when soap and water are not available.
- Each site will be sanitized after each use by a Greenview Campground Attendant.
Phone: 780.827.2404 during regular office hours (8:30 am – 7:00 pm)
Online Reservation: https://www.campreservations.ca/sites/site-details/673
- 77 large treed sites (56 full-service, 21 partial-service, 1 open tenting area)
- All sites include a picnic table
- Laundry facilities
- Shower and washroom facilities
- Lit roadways
- Free WiFi
2020 Fee Schedule (prices include GST)
- Full-service (power, water, and sewer) $40.00 per night
- Partial-service (power and water) $35.00 per night
- Monthly site rate (full service, 30 days)
- Tenting (open area) $25.00 per night
- Firewood (level in a small wheelbarrow) $10.00 per load
- Firewood (level in a large wheelbarrow) $20.00 per load
- Shower/washroom facilities Free of charge
- Laundry facilities Coin-operated
- WIFI available Free
CAMPGROUND RESERVATION PROCEDURES
You will require a VISA/MC/AMEX and a valid email address (so you can receive your electronic receipt and reservation confirmation).
MAKING A RESERVATION
Click here to reserve your campsite on our secure server
Should you encounter problems with using the system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your issue and your telephone number and they will get in touch with you and guide you through the process.
“No Shows” will not be refunded under any circumstances.
If you wish to cancel your online reservation and receive a refund, we require a notice of a minimum of 3 business days (with noon being the starting time). All cancellations will be subject to a $5 service fee, and a one -night non-refundable deposit. There will no exceptions, regardless of the circumstances, so please see the examples below.
Example 1: You have a reservation for a long weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights). On Tuesday, you have a family emergency and you know that you will not be able to go camping that weekend. If you contact the Grande Cache Municipal Campground by telephone or email before Tuesday at noon, you will qualify for a refund. This allows 3 complete business days before the noon check-in time at the campground on Friday. If you call at any time after 12 noon on Tuesday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
Example 2: You have a reservation that starts next Tuesday. On Thursday you decide that you have to cancel your reservation. If you contact the Grande Cache Municipal Campground by telephone or email before Thursday at noon, you will qualify for a refund. This allows for 3 business days’ notice (Friday, Monday, and Tuesday) before the noon check-in on Tuesday. If you call at any time after 12 noon on Thursday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
INFORMATION AND CAMPGROUND PROCEDURES
Length of Stay Policy
- Check-in time 2:00 pm
- Check-out time 11:00 am
- All campers must register prior to parking your RV unit or setting up your tent
- Office hours are posted on the building
- Site checks are done daily by staff
Camp Permit Policy
- No one under 18 years of age will be granted a camping permit
Number of Campers/Units – MUST adhere to safe physical distancing and one RV per site
Limit of 6 (six) people per site (excluding families exceeding 6 (six) people)
One wheeled unit (trailers, tent trailers, RVs) and one additional tent per site
Additional tents may be permitted for the same fee as a Tenting (open area) fee
- Please keep your campsite clean at all times
- Remember to store all food in a safe place. Do not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around
- Remember to keep BBQs clean
- A bottle/can recycle bin is located across from the Wood Shed
Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Quiet time is strictly enforced and noise will not be tolerated during these hours. Please respect other campers.
- NO CAMPFIRES due to Provincial Fire Ban. Visit albertafirebans.ca for more information.
Campfires in designated fire-pits only
No open or unattended fires
- Fireworks are not allowed
- All pets must be on a leash on all times
- You are required to clean up after your pet
- DO NOT drain grey water into the trees or bush, work areas or grass
- The sewage dump is located in front of the Operations Office at 9706 Shand Avenue or at the full-service sites
Shower, Washroom, and Laundry Facilities – Presently CLOSED
Located beside the main Campground Office
Shower and washroom facilities are free of charge for registered campers only
Washers and dryers are coin-operated. Change is available during office hours only
Please keep the facilities clean for fellow campers
Self Registration – Presently NOT AVAILABLE
Self registration is for one night only after office hours ONLY.
If you do not have cash, please leave your cell number to process a credit card payment. We do not accept personal cheques.
Please fill out the registration form located in the green mailbox. Must registration within 30 minutes of arriving at the site. Place the white copy of the
registration with your payment inside the envelope and take the yellow copy for your records. Drop the sealed envelope in the slots.
Cook House and Day Use Area – Presently Closed
Registered Campers can book the Cook House through the Campground Office.
Day use area is located in the centre of the campground and is for all campground users.
Please keep your campsite clean at all times. Remember to store all food in a safe place. Do not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around.
ATVs are not allowed in the campground.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in registered campsites only.
- Any damage to trees, sites, or any camp facilities will result in payment for the cost of clean-up, repairs, or replacement.
- Liability for loss of damage to personal property or personal injury, while on campground property, is solely the responsibility of occupants and guests.
- Failure to observe the above rules may be grounds for eviction.
Find us – Driving Directions
- From Hinton, head north on Highway 40. Once in town, take the second right off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue.
- From Grande Prairie, take Highway 40 south. Take your first left off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue as you arrive in Grande Cache.
- From Highway 40, turn east on Shand Avenue, turn left on 104 Avenue and continue onto Memorial Drive. Turn right at the Campground sign.
- Open June 1, 2020 – October
- Office Hours 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (Note: Coins for laundry & payment for firewood during office hours only)
Grande Cache Municipal Campground
10401 Memorial Drive | Access Road to the Campground SW 1/4 3 57 8 W6
PO Box 1079 | Valleyview, AB | T0H 3N0