The Grande Cache Campground offers full-service RV or tent camping in a spectacular mountain setting.
Located within the Hamlet of Grande Cache, our campground has immediate access to baseball diamonds, hiking and multi-use trails, and the Grande Cache Golf & Country Club. The campground is operated by Grande Cache, MD of Greenview and is open May long weekend until October (weather permitting).
Online Booking Information:
- Online Reservations will be available beginning May 6, 2024, at 10:00 am
- Grande Cache Campground will open on May 17, 2024, at 11:00 am
- Grande Cache Campground will close for reservations and bookings on October 14, 2024 TBA (weather permitting)
- Self-registration is available at the Grande Cache Campground
- TO BOOK ONLINE: https://www.campreservations.ca/sites/site-details/673
Phone: 780.827.2404 during regular office hours (8:30 am – 7:00 pm)
Online Reservation: https://www.campreservations.ca/sites/site-details/673
- 1 RV per site
- 77 large treed sites (56 full-service, 21 partial-service, 1 open tenting area)
- All sites include a picnic table
- Laundry facilities
- Shower and washroom facilities
- Lit roadways
2024 Fee Schedule (prices include GST):
(fees updated January 2023)
- Full-service (power, water, sewer & one firewood bundle): $ 50.00 per night
- Partial-service (power, water & one firewood bundle): $ 45.00 per night
- Monthly site rate (full service. Availability determines upon season opening): $ 1,100.00 per month (contact for limited availability)
- Open Tent Area: $ 25.00 per night
- Firewood: $ 20.00 per wheelbarrow load
- Cook Shack Rental: $100.00 per day
- Shower/washroom facilities: Free of charge
- Laundry facilities: Coin-operated
Campground Reservation Procedures:
You will require a VISA/MC/AMEX and a valid email address (so you can receive your electronic receipt and reservation confirmation).
Making a Reservation:
Click here to reserve your campsite on our secure server
Should you encounter problems with using the system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your issue and your telephone number and they will get in touch with you and guide you through the process.
“No Shows” will not be refunded under any circumstances.
If you wish to cancel your online reservation and receive a refund, we require a notice of a minimum of 3 business days (with noon being the starting time). All cancellations will be subject to a $5 service fee and a one-night non-refundable deposit. There will be no exceptions, regardless of the circumstances, so please see the examples below.
Example 1: You have a reservation for a long weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights). On Tuesday, you have a family emergency, and you know that you will not be able to go camping that weekend. If you contact the Grande Cache Campground by telephone or email before Tuesday at noon, you will qualify for a refund. This allows 3 complete business days before the noon check-in time at the campground on Friday. If you call at any time after 12 noon on Tuesday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
Example 2: You have a reservation that starts next Tuesday. On Thursday, you decide that you have to cancel your reservation. If you contact the Grande Cache Campground by telephone or email before Thursday at noon, you will qualify for a refund. This allows for 3 business days’ notice (Friday, Monday, and Tuesday) before the noon check-in on Tuesday. If you call at any time after 12 noon on Thursday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
Information & Campground Procedures:
Length of Stay Policy:
- Check-in time 2:00 pm
- Check-out time 11:00 am
- All campers must register prior to parking their RV unit or setting up their tent
- Office hours are posted on the building
- Site checks are done daily by staff
Camp Permit Policy:
- No one under 18 years of age will be granted a camping permit
- Please keep your campsite clean at all times
- Remember to store all food in a safe place. Do not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around.
- Remember to keep BBQs clean.
- A bottle/can recycle bin is located across from the Wood Shed
Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Quiet time is strictly enforced, and noise will not be tolerated during these hours. Please respect other campers.
- Due to the risk of disease and infestation from outside firewood sources, the Grande Cache Campground is restricting campers from bringing their own firewood on site. The Grande Cache Campground sells locally sourced firewood on-site at a cost of $20.00 per wheelbarrow load that can be purchased and used in our fire pits. We thank you for your diligence in protecting our forests and respecting our campground rules.
- Campfires in designated fire pits only
- No open or unattended fires
- Fireworks are not allowed
- All pets must be on a leash at all times
- You are required to clean up after your pet
- DO NOT drain grey water into the trees or bush, work areas or grass
- The sewage dump is located in front of the Operations Office at 9706 Shand Avenue or at the full-service sites
Shower, Washroom, and Laundry Facilities
- Located beside the main Campground Office
- Shower and washroom facilities are free of charge for registered campers only
- Washers and dryers are coin-operated. Change is available during office hours only
- Please keep the facilities clean for fellow campers
Self Registration & phone registration is available by contacting the Campground Office
- Self-registration is for one night only after office hours ONLY.
- If you do not have cash, please leave your cell number to process a credit card payment. We do not accept personal cheques.
- Please fill out the registration form located in the green mailbox. Must register within 30 minutes of arriving at the site. Place the white copy of the registration with your payment inside the envelope and take the yellow copy for your records. Drop the sealed envelope in the slot.
Cook House and Day Use Area
- Registered campers can book the Cook House through the Campground Office
- Day use area is located in the centre of the campground and is for all campground users
- Please keep your campsite clean at all times. Remember to store all food in a safe place. Do not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around
- ATVs are not permitted to be operated in the campground.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in registered campsites only.
- Any damage to trees, sites, or any camp facilities will result in payment for the cost of clean-up, repairs, or replacement.
- Liability for loss or damage to personal property or personal injury while on campground property is solely the responsibility of occupants and guests.
- Failure to observe the above rules may be grounds for eviction.
Find us – Driving Directions:
- From Hinton, head north on Highway 40. Once in town, take the second right off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue.
- From Grande Prairie, take Highway 40 south. Take your first left off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue as you arrive in Grande Cache.
- From Highway 40, turn east on Shand Avenue, turn left on 104 Avenue and continue onto Memorial Drive. Turn right at the Campground sign.
- Close to the ball diamonds & Grande Cache Golf & Country Club
- Office Hours 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (Note: Coins for laundry & payment for firewood during office hours only)
Grande Cache Campground
10401 Memorial Drive | Access Road to the Campground SW 1/4 3 57 8 W6
PO Box 1079 | Valleyview, AB | T0H 3N0