June 10, 2021, Alberta entered Stage 2 of the reopening plan.
Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan safely eases restrictions in 3 stages as vaccination targets are reached and hospitalizations decline.
Stage 2: Two weeks after 60% of Albertans 12+ (born in 2009 or earlier) have received at least one dose, and hospitalizations are below 500 and declining.
- Outdoor social gatherings – up to 20 people with distancing (indoor social gatherings still not permitted)
- Indoor recreation, entertainment and other settings (rec centres, arenas, casinos, cinemas, theatres, museums, galleries, libraries, etc.) – open at 1/3 of fire code occupancy
- Gyms and fitness studios – open for solo and drop-in activities and indoor fitness classes with 3 metre distancing
- Funeral services – up to 20 people, indoors and outdoors (receptions permitted outdoors only)
- Wedding ceremonies – up to 20 people, indoors and outdoors (receptions permitted outdoors only)
- Places of worship – 1/3 of fire code occupancy
- Personal and wellness services – resume walk-in service
- Post-secondary – resume in-person learning
- Restaurants – 6 people per table max, indoors or outdoors
- Retail – 1/3 of fire code occupancy (must maintain the ability to distance)
- Youth activities (day camps, overnight camps, play centres) – resume with restrictions
- Youth and adult sports – resume with no restrictions, indoors and outdoors
- Outdoor public gatherings (concerts/festivals) – up to 150 people
- Outdoor fixed seating facilities (grandstands) – 1/3 seated capacity
- Work from home order is lifted but still recommended
- Distancing and masking requirements remain in effect
For more information, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx