2022 Capital and Operating Budgets Approved by Council
The 2022 Operating and Capital Budgets were adopted by Council at the Regular Council Meeting on April 12, 2022.
Budget highlights are as follows:
Greenview Council is focusing on the continued development of critical infrastructure, maintaining and enhancing essential community programs and services, with the continued support of regional partnerships and collaborations. Following deliberations, Council approved the 2022 operating and capital budgets with no projected increase to the municipal tax rates. Residential and non-residential tax assessments will see an incremental increase in the provincial government education requisition and increased funding for senior housing requisitions, which are not governed by the MD of Greenview.
The overall $224.5 million budget includes $136.6 million for general operations, $26.6 million for amortization, and $61.9 million for capital projects, including $14.1 million in projects carried over from the previous year.
The operating budget saw a slight percentage increase along with a slight increase in revenue. The capital budget was approached with careful deliberation without sacrificing any planned infrastructure projects and remains fully funded from restricted reserves.
Key Capital Budget Highlights
In 2022, the MD expects to complete $61.9 million in capital projects. Major projects include:
- DeBolt Lift Station Forcemain Upgrades ($1.5 Million)
- Grande Cache Wastewater Treatment Plant ($10.5 Million)
- Improvement to the Forestry Trunk Road ($3.7 Million)
- Fibre Optics ($6.0 Million)
- Greenview Industrial Gateway ($7.7 Million)
- Paving Projects ($9.1 Million)
- Grande Cache Community Facility ($2.0 Million)
- Improvement to Grovedale/Landry Heights Water & Wastewater ($2.8 Million)
Greenview is pleased to provide our ratepayers and stakeholders with the 2022 Budget-at-a-Glance PDF. Click here to view or download!