FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Council Highlights – November 9, 2021
Greenview Strategy for Grande Cache Medical Services Underway
Greenview is aware of the current concerns with the posted closure of the Grande Cache Medical Clinic. Council and Administration have been working towards identifying potential solutions, and Council has directed Administration to complete the following items by motion to investigate and strategize solutions for medical services for residents of Grande Cache.
- Contact the Government of Alberta to present a strategy for Doctor recruitment to Council
- Investigate the potential for a short-term lease of the existing Grande Cache Medical Clinic
- Investigate the potential of establishing a professional services facility within the Eagle’s Nest Hall in Grande Cache
Greenview Signs Land Sales Agreement with Northern Petrochemical Corporation
Northern Petrochemical Corporation (NPC) has been working with Greenview to finalize a purchase land sales agreement for a 295-acre parcel from the Municipal District of Greenview. The land parcel connected to the sales agreement is located within the Greenview Industrial Gateway. NPC intends to construct a carbon-neutral, 2.5-billion-dollar Natural Gas to Blue Methanol and Blue Ammonia production facility based on financing and approvals. Council directed Administration to enter into a purchase sales agreement for 295 acres of land as per the purchase sales agreement. The announcement was recently made at the Greenview Industrial Gateway’s first Annual Stakeholder Update, Wednesday, November 10, in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Greenview Rental Equipment Fleet gets Additions
The Greenview Agricultural Services Department has several pieces of small equipment in the operational fleet that are used infrequently. Administration has had many public enquires on this equipment since moving to the new Agricultural Services building. All pieces are 3-point hitch mounted and include an 8’ pull blade, 8’ deep tillage cultivator, 8’ disk, 8’ diamond harrow, 8’ rotary tiller, and a 9’ pull blade. Council authorized Administration to transfer the operational equipment listed above to the rental equipment program.
Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework (ICF) Appointments Confirmed
The Municipal Government Act requires that municipalities that have a common boundary, create a framework with one another that identifies the services that benefit more than one municipality and are provided on an intermunicipal basis. The framework identifies how services will be delivered, who will lead the delivery of the service(s), how the funding arrangements will occur, and identifies the timeframe for implementation of the services provided on an intermunicipal basis.
Council moved to appoint the following Councillors to the existing ICF committees as follows:
- Big Lakes County ICF – Councillor Dave Berry and Councillor Dale Smith
- Birch Hills County ICF – Councillor Tom Burton and Councillor Jennifer Scott
- Grande Prairie County ICF – Councillor Tom Burton and Councillor Christine Schlief
- Town of Fox Creek ICF – Councillor Ryan Ratzlaff and Councillor Sally Rosson
- Town of Valleyview ICF – Councillor Sally Rosson and Councillor Dale Smith
- Woodlands County ICF – Reeve Tyler Olsen and Councillor Ryan Ratzlaff
- Yellowhead County ICF – Councillor Winston Delorme and Reeve Tyler Olsen
Upcoming Events and Meetings
- November 16, 2021 – Committee of the Whole, DeBolt Public Service Building
- December 14, 2021 – Regular Council Meeting, Valleyview Council Chambers
- December 15, 2021 – Agricultural Board Meeting, Valleyview Council Chambers
- December 15, 2021 – Municipal Planning Commission, Valleyview Council Chambers
- December 21, 2021 – Committee of the Whole Meeting, Valleyview Council Chambers
To download a copy of the Council highlights please click here Council Highlights 2021.11.09