Directions: 6 km South of Valleyview on Highway 43, then left on Highway 665, then right 1 km on Little Smoky Road.
Rural Address: 69223 Little Smoky Road
Effective 2021, there is a camping fee of $20.00 per night (per unit) with first-come, first-serve registration (cash-only registration box onsite).
Johnson Park opened in the Spring of 2018 and consists of developed walking trails bordering the Goose River with 9 Day-Use sites that include fire pits and picnic tables for each site. There are multiple garbage/recycle containments located throughout the park. Firewood is provided at this site and is located in the main parking area. There are 3 handicap-accessible outhouse facilities and 2 large parking areas. Johnson Park stays open year-round and is a great opportunity to cross country ski or snowshoe through the trails. In the winter months, trails are maintained by Staff.
Opening in Spring 2020 is a camping loop of 20 camping stalls that include picnic tables and firepits, 2 accessible outhouses, along with garbage/recyclables containments. Camping is first come first serve basis and has no hookups.
- Please NO pets on the Beach
- Dog Waste bags provided. Please stoop and scoop.
Potential Future Upgrades:
Campsite/Day Use Regulations
- No customers shall interfere with the quiet and peaceful enjoyments of a Park by others
- Day use hours are from 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
- Dogs are to be kept on a leash or otherwise controlled at all times
- The consumption of liquor is prohibited outside of registered campsites
- No fireworks
- Sites must be kept clean