Directions: 6 km South of Valleyview on Highway 43, then left on Highway 665, then right 1 km on Little Smoky Road.
Rural Address: 69223 Little Smoky Road
Johnson Park opened in the Spring of 2018 and consists of developed walking trails bordering the Goose River with 8 Day-Use sites that include fire pits and picnic tables for each site. Johnson Park has a camping loop with 20 non-serviced campsites that are on a first-come, first-serve basis. It includes picnic tables and firepits, 2 accessible outhouses, along with garbage/recyclables containments. There are multiple garbage/recycling containments located throughout the park. Johnson Park stays open year-round and is a great opportunity to cross-country ski or snowshoe through the trails. In the winter months, trails are maintained by Staff.
There is a camping fee of $25.00 per night (per unit) with first-come, first-serve registration (cash/cheque payment options only with registration box onsite).
Camping at Johnson Park is accessible to the public for day use year-round. Camping is available on a seasonal basis, typically prior to the May Long Weekend until Thanksgiving, depending on the weather.
- Please, NO pets on the Beach
- Dog Waste bags are provided. Please stoop and scoop.
- Horseshoe pits have been installed, horseshoes are not provided
- A new playground was installed in 2022
Campsite/Day Use Regulations
- No customers shall interfere with the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of the park by others
- Day-use hours are from 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
- Dogs are to be kept on a leash or otherwise controlled at all times
- The consumption of liquor is prohibited outside of registered campsites
- No fireworks
- Sites must be kept clean