MD of Greenview #16 – FIRE RESTRICTION UPDATE – EFFECTIVE MAY 26, 2023
FIRE RESTRICTION IS NOW IN EFFECT for the areas of the MD of Greenview (Valleyview and DeBolt area – see maps) outside of the Forest Protection Area.
The fire restriction is in effect within the Grande Prairie Forest Protection Area (FPA) of Alberta. Please refer to albertafirebans.ca for exact locations. Cities, towns, villages and summer villages as well as federal lands (such as national parks) are exempt from this restriction. These jurisdictions have the authority to issue their own restrictions and may have complementary restrictions in Place
- All outdoor wood fires are banned on public lands, including backcountry and random camping.
- The use of fireworks and exploding targets are also prohibited.
- Safe wood campfires on private land and within provincial campgrounds as long as they are inside an engineered campfire ring
- Backyard fire pits
- Charcoal briquette barbeques
- Propane/natural gas-powered appliances
- Indoor wood fires (such as inside a facility, building, tent or RV) and contained within a device with a chimney and spark arrestor
- Cooking, warming and lighting devices – all devices must be CSA approved and used per manufacturer’s standards
- OHV use permitted. Clear debris from hot spots on your off-highway vehicle
If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by calling 310-FIRE.
The fire restriction will remain in effect until conditions improve.
WHERE CAN I GET THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION?
- Online: albertafirebans.ca
- Facebook: Alberta Wildfire
- Twitter: @AlbertaWildfire
- Phone: 1-866-FYI-FIRE
Regional Fire Chief
Greenview Fire-Rescue Services
MD of Greenview (Valleyview & DeBolt area) map
Fire Activity Restriction Levels: