Greenview is pleased to announce that the New Grovedale Water Treatment Plant and Raw Water Line project has reached substantial completion. Water delivery and service connection for the Hamlets of Grovedale and Landry Heights will begin July 27, 2022. We would like to thank the residents for their patience throughout this project.
Residents who have already completed their connection to the water system can refer to the attached Next Steps Document. Residents who have not applied and are interested may complete their connection to the water system with the following conditions:
- Residents are required to make financial arrangements for the connection fee prior to commencing work and prior to connecting to Greenview’s water system as per policy. Please contact Corporate Services at 780-524-6085 to facilitate the $12,500.00 connection fee payment or financing option.
*Note: The $12,500.00 connection fee does not cover the cost of the installation of the resident’s private water service line. Residents must make their own arrangements with a capable plumber/contractor for the water service installation on their property. Residents are responsible for paying the costs incurred for the installation of their private water service line. Please refer to *Greenview’s Development Guidelines and Municipal Servicing Standards regarding the installation of your private water service line if you require clarification by visiting www.mdgreenview.ab.ca for more information.
- Upon setting up a utility account, each property will be provided with one 5/8 x ¾ meter at no cost. Property owners are responsible for the installation and cost that may occur regarding meter installation.
- Greenview requires the installation of a shut-off valve within your home prior to the meter. This will allow you to isolate your home if meter repairs are necessary.
- Meters must be installed in a location that is heated and protected from damages or freezing. It must also be in a location that gives reasonable access for Greenview staff in the event the meter must be inspected.
- All water provided to the property must go through the water meter. Shared services are not permitted.
- No private well or other sources of water can be connected to the municipal water service line.
- Residential water service connections are 25mm HDPE.
- Residential low-pressure sewer service connections are 40mm HDPE.
- As per *Greenview’s Development Guidelines & Municipal Servicing Standards, all work shall be subject to an inspection by an authorized representative of Greenview. Prior to physically connecting to Greenview’s waterline, residents are required to provide 24 hrs notice by contacting the Grovedale Public Service Building at 780-524-6085, to arrange for 1 of 3 inspections. Your contact information will be collected, and a utility operator will contact you to set up an appointment.
- Inspections include a physical connection at the curb stop prior to backfilling, after backfilling at the curb stop, and meter installation. Please note meter inspections will be completed while an operator is onsite to turn your water service on.
- Unsatisfactory conditions, including any damages to Greenview right of ways or curb stop boxes, shall be remedied immediately upon notification at the landowner’s expense. Failure to do so will result in delays to services being turned on at your property.
- Inspections can be scheduled between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Any material used to construct the private water service line must be in accordance with *Greenview’s Development Guidelines & Municipal Servicing Standards.
- The water shut-off valves at the property line (or cc’s) are the property of the MD of Greenview and are not to be operated by anyone other than Greenview staff that have been directed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your servicing, please contact Utilities on Call staff at 780-552-4825. For questions regarding fees or payments, please contact 780-524-6085.
To download a full copy of this notice, please click here