Municipal Development Plan
The Municipal Development Plan is Greenview`s guiding document for growth. It contains the municipality`s vision for the future. By establishing specific polices, it provides a “road-map” to achieve that vision. Policies are typically developed for all areas that affect growth, such as:
• use of undeveloped land;
• future transportation networks;
• development of utilities;
• provision of social services;
• provision of recreation; and
• how Greenview funds growth and development.
Intermunicipal Development Plans
An Intermunicipal development plan is a statutory plan under the Municipal Government Act that is created and adopted as a bylaw by more than one municipality. It provides a framework for land use planning between municipalities, leading to enhanced regional cooperation and collaboration.
Below is a listing of the various intermunicipal development plans. Each link below will direct you to Greenview’s bylaw page, where you can view the plans under the planning and development section.
- Fox Creek IDP (Bylaw 09-605) approved by council November 12, 2009.
- Grande Cache IDP (Bylaw 01-358) approved by council July 8, 2002.
- Valleyview IDP (Bylaw 09-587) approved by council April 22, 2009.
- Big Lakes IDP (Bylaw 19-823) approved by council June 24, 2019.