The Province of Alberta is imposing strict mandatory public health measures in an attempt to curb the increasing Covid 19 numbers. Please see all new public health measures announced here: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
Effective immediately (December 8, 2020) are the following restrictions:
- Mandatory province-wide mask mandate
- Ban on ALL indoor and outdoor social gatherings
Effective Sunday, December 13, 2020:
- Restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes to in-person service. Only takeout, curbside pickup and delivery services will be permitted.
- Casinos, bingo halls, gaming entertainment centres, racing entertainment centres, horse tracks, raceways, bowling alleys, pool halls, legions and private clubs.
- Recreational facilities such as fitness centres, recreation centres, pools, spas, gyms, studios, camps, indoor rinks and arenas.
- Libraries, science centres, interpretive centres, museums, galleries, amusement parks and water parks.
- Businesses offering personal and wellness services such as hair salons, nail salons, tattoo parlours and massage businesses.
Funerals and wedding ceremonies will be limited to 10 people.
Regulated health services such as physiotherapy, social or protective services, shelters for vulnerable persons, emergency services and soup kitchens can remain open for in-person attendance.
Hotels may remain open but must follow all relevant restrictions. Outdoor recreation is permitted but facilities with indoor space will be closed except for the washrooms.
*Update for Businesses looking for information on how to calculate occupancy loads for their business:
For more information or to ask questions, Greenview business owners can contact the Greenview Regional Fire Chief – Wayne Brown at 780-524-7628 during business hours.