June 1, 2021 Alberta entered Stage 1 of the reopening plan.
Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan safely eases restrictions in 3 stages as vaccination targets are reached and hospitalizations decline.
Stage 1: Two weeks after 50% of Albertans 12+ (born in 2009 or earlier) have received at least one dose, and hospitalizations are below 800 and declining. Effective June 1 unless stated otherwise.
- Places of worship – 15% of fire code occupancy (effective May 28)
- Outdoor social gatherings – up to 10 people (indoor social gatherings still not permitted)
- Outdoor physical, performance and recreation activities – up to 10 distanced people, all ages
- Personal and wellness services – re-open, by appointment only
- Funeral services – up to 20 people, not including facility staff, funeral clergy or organizers not considered guests (receptions remain prohibited)
- Wedding ceremonies – up to 10 people, including officiant, bride/groom, witnesses (receptions remain prohibited)
- Restaurants – outdoor patio dining for up to 4 household members per table, or 3 people if diners who live alone are with their 2 close contacts
- Retail – 15% of fire code occupancy (must maintain ability to distance). For assistance with how to calculate this number, please click here: https://mdgreenview.ab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/covid-19-restricted-capacity-and-occupant-load-effective-DEC-13-2020-v2.pdf
- Distancing and masking requirements remain in effect
For additional information on Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx