The Highway 40 twinning project includes construction of a second bridge over the Wapiti River, which will result in a partial closure of access to and from Highway 666.
- There will be no access for traffic to enter Highway 40 northbound/southbound from Highway 666.
- Motorists will detour to Township Road 700 to access Highway 40 northbound/southbound.
- There will be no access for traffic to enter Highway 666 westbound from Highway 40 northbound.
- Motorists will detour to Township Road 700 from Highway 40 northbound.
- Reduced speeds will be in place and temporary four-way traffic signals will be installed at the intersection of Highway 40 and Township Road 700.
- Southbound traffic on Highway 40 will be able to use the exit south of the Wapiti River bridge to access Highway 666 westbound.
The detour and temporary traffic signals are expected to be in place until late fall.
Motorists are asked to be patient, obey signage and travel safely through the construction zone.
For up-to-date information on this and other projects, please check 511 Alberta.
For more information please visit: Alberta Transportation – Highway 40 Construction