December 2, 2020
Attention: Hamlet Residents
RE: Information Update for Residents of Grovedale, East Grove, Ferns Grove & Landry Heights
Greenview is pleased to announce that the Grovedale’s municipal water service installation contractor has reached “Substantial Completion”. Although water is not available yet, residents may complete their connection to the water system with the following conditions:
• Residents are required to make financial arrangements for the connection fee prior to commencing work and prior to connecting to Greenview’s water system as per policy. Please contact Corporate Services at 780-539-0863 to facilitate the $12,500.00 connection fee payment or financing option.
Note: The $12,500.00 connection fee does not cover the cost of the installation of the resident’s private water service line. Residents must make their own arrangements with an able plumber/contractor for the water service installation on their property. Residents are responsible to pay the costs incurred for the installation of their private water service line. Please refer to *Greenview’s Development Guidelines and Municipal Servicing Standards regarding the installation of your private water service line if you require clarification by visiting www.mdgreenview.ab.ca for more information.
• Upon setting up a utility account, each property will be provided with one 5/8 x ¾ meter at no cost. Property owners are responsible for the installation and cost that may occur regarding meter installation. You are asked to call Utilities on Call at 780-552-4825 24 hrs in advance to arrange for the inspection of the meter.
• Greenview requires the installation of a shut off valve within your home prior to the meter. This will allow you to isolate your home if meter repairs are necessary.
• Meters must be installed in a location that is heated and protected from damages or freezing. It must also be in a location that gives reasonable access for Greenview staff in an event the meter must be inspected.
• All water provided to the property must go through the water meter. Shared services are not permitted.
• No private well or other source of water can be connected to the municipal water service line.
• Residential water service connections are 25mm HDPE.
• Residential low-pressure sewer service connections are 40mm HDPE.
• As per *Greenview’s Development Guidelines & Municipal Servicing Standards, all work shall be subject to an inspection by authorized representative of Greenview. Prior to physically connecting to Greenview’s waterline, residents are required to provide 24 hrs notice via the Utilities on Call phone number at 780-552-4825, to arrange for 1 of 3 inspections.
• Inspections include physical connection at the curb stop, after backfilling at the curb stop, and meter installation.
• Unsatisfactory conditions including any damages to Greenview right of ways or curb stop boxes shall be remedied immediately upon notification at the landowner’s expense. Failure to do so will result in delays to services being turned on at your property.
• Inspections can be scheduled between the hours of 9:00a.m. and 3:00p.m. Monday thru Friday excluding weekends and holidays.
• Any material used to construct the private water service line must be in accordance with *Greenview’s Development Guidelines & Municipal Servicing Standards.
• The water shut off valves at the property line (or cc’s) are the property of the MD of Greenview and are not to be operated by anyone other than Greenview staff that have been directed to.
Water Production is expected for late February 2021 pending successful commissioning of the WTP. This will not affect service installation timelines but may impact water delivery if there are construction delays.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Utilities on Call staff at 780-552-4825
Interim Manager, Environmental Services
*For Greenview’s Development Guidelines and Municipal Servicing Standards please visit: Greenviews Development Guidelines and Municipal Servicing Standards