Greenview Regional Multiplex will open at noon on June 21, 2021, while following the Province of Alberta Stage 2 provincial health measures as outlined in Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan.
Under this stage, the following public health measures apply to Fitness, recreation and sport activities (indoor and outdoor):
Indoor fitness and recreation facilities
- Indoor recreation facilities (such as arenas, indoor wave pools, children play centres, bowling alleys and rec centres) can open at 1/3 of fire code occupancy.
- Gyms and fitness studios can open for solo and drop-in activities, one-on-one training, and indoor fitness classes.
- Additional safety measures include:
- 3 metres of physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Indoor fitness spaces, including spaces for group fitness classes, are limited to the number of people able to fit in the space while maintaining 3 metre distance from each other at all times.
- Pools, steam rooms, saunas, and hot tubs within a fitness facility may operate at one-third capacity (2 metre distance between households)
- Trainers and instructors may be able to come within 3 metres distance of a client/participant for brief moments to correct form or help demonstrate. However, they must be masked during the interaction and sanitize hands before and after.
- Masking is:
- no longer required for exercise but is strongly encouraged for all participants, especially during indoor exercise classes or in small spaces with limited ventilation
- still required when not engaging in the fitness activity, such as while moving between fitness equipment or changing in locker rooms
Outdoor fitness and recreation facilities
- Outdoor fitness classes and groups are allowed with no capacity limits, as long as 2 metres distance is maintained between members of different households at all times.
- Outdoor recreation facilities can open with no capacity limits, but 2 metres distance must be maintained between members of different households. Examples include: outdoor pools and spray parks, golf courses, tennis and pickleball courts, croquet pitches, running and bicycle tracks, velodromes.
For a detailed list of public health measures, please visit: Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan & Public Health Measures