Greenview Council has recently passed a bylaw to allow the establishment of a Recreation Board in Grande Cache.
This board will be comprised of seven voting members: two – Greenview elected officials and four members-at-large representing recreation Committee groups in Ward 9, and one member-at-large representing Ward 1 (appointed by Greenview Council).
The duties of this board include:
- Act as an advisory Board to Council on matters relating to recreation within Grande Cache
- Review an operational recreation service group grants budget annually for Council’s consideration
- Review recreation service group grant requests and recommend funding
- Recommend a recreation capital infrastructure plan and budget to Council
- Ensure that an annual report on all Grande Cache recreation activities is presented to Council
- The Recreation Board will not have oversight in the Grande Cache Recreation Complex operations and maintenance, however, may act in an advisory capacity
If you have expertise or interest in becoming part of this board, please fill out an application for Appointment to a Municipal Board/Committee here