What is rural addressing and why do I need it?

Rural addressing is a standardized system which assigns an address to rural properties throughout a municipality to allow them to be quickly and easily identified by emergency response agencies (police, fire, ambulance), service providers, residents and non-residents.

Is a rural address the same as a mailing address?

No. Your current Canada Post mailing address will not change.

How do I get a rural address and sign?

All new residential developments require a rural address sign. Fees are regulated by Bylaw No. 19-816 Schedule of Fees. Please contact planning and development staff to obtain a rural address sign.

I have more than one residence on my parcel. Should I have more than one address?

Yes. Each dwelling should have their own rural address.

Please see Bylaw No. 11-659 Rural Addressing Bylaw and Bylaw No. 12-681 Grande Cache Rural Addressing for additional information.