As set out by the Province of Alberta and Alberta Health Services, the following public health measures are in place for Greenview’s Campgrounds & Day Use Areas
- As of June 10, Outdoor social gatherings – up to 20 people with distancing (indoor social gatherings still not permitted)
- We are asking Albertans to limit their activities to their household where they can, or plan activities with their designated close contacts if they live alone, as those are the safest options. Physical distancing of 2 m must be in place between people from different households at all times during these activities unless they are a person who lives alone and a close contact.
- If you’re unsure whether something is allowed, please err on the side of caution and make the safest choice.
- Warming huts and picnic shelters are closed due to gathering restrictions; please plan accordingly and dress for the weather.
- Continue to practice physical distancing – stay 2 metres apart when you can.
- Don’t visit if you’re sick or were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Bring a cloth mask and wear it in all high use areas when you are unable to physically distance 2 meters, whether you are walking, skating, skiing, etc.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and tissues. Plan ahead to ensure you have enough food, water and toilet paper.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after using high-touch shared amenities like washrooms, bear bins, self check-in stations, boat launches, docks, water fill stations and dumping stations.
- Follow all COVID-19 Information for Albertans and the advice of public health experts to protect yourself and others during this pandemic.
- Leave no trace; pack out what you pack in. This will keep our parks clean and reduce the potential for human-wildlife encounters.
- Visit early in the day so you can head somewhere else if a parking lot is full and do not park on the shoulder of roads. If parking lots are full, please consider visiting at a different time.
- Be extra cautious and stay within your limits, knowledge, skill and physical ability. Now is not the time to try new activities or head into unfamiliar areas. Avoid high-risk backcountry activities, regardless of your experience level.
For more information, please see Visiting Campgrounds during COVID.