News & Announcements
As COVID-19 cases continue to climb across the province, the Government of Alberta has released enhanced measures to slow down and limit the spread. The MD of Greenview currently is listed at an enhanced status and will be following all mandatory and recommended measures for communities within the purple zone.
- No indoor social gatherings in any setting
- Outdoor gatherings max of 10
- Wedding and funeral services max of 10, no receptions permitted
- No festivals or events
- Grades 7-12 at-home learning Nov 30 – Jan 11
- Grades K – 6 at-home learning Dec 18 – Jan 11
- Working from home should be considered, where possible
- Places of worship at 1/3 normal attendance
- Restricted access to some businesses and services starting Nov. 27
Please see all provincial measures on the Government of Alberta Website: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
We all need to continue to do our part in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by keeping a 2-metre physical distance between yourself and others, practicing good hygiene and staying home when sick to help keep our communities safe.
Greenview Council approved the disbursement of surplus equipment and vehicles for the upcoming Ritchie Brothers auction in Grande Prairie from November 23-25, and on the GOV Deals online auction platform. The list of equipment and vehicles slotted for each auction are available for viewing below.
Equipment has already started to be listed on the GOV Deals website, and can be viewed here: https://www.govdeals.com/greenviewmdab
Interested bidders must create a login with GOV Deals to take part in the auction.
Tune in Monday, November 23, at 9 am for the Greenview Regular Council Meeting.
Download the Agenda Package here: Agenda Package
Janitorial Services quotes required for the following locations:
Please click the link beside the location to download the quote package for that location.
- Administration Building (located at 4806-36th Avenue) – Admin Bldg Quote Package
- Recreation Building (located at 4802-36 Ave) – The Recreation Building Quote Package
- Field Services Building (located at 3605-46th Street) – FSO Quote Package
- Family & Community Support Services Building (located at 4707-50th Street) – FCSS Quote Package
- Agricultural Building (located at 3602 – 45 Street) – AG Bldg Quote Package
- I&P Shop & Office Building (located at 4813 – 36 Ave) – I&P Shop & Office Quote Package
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Council Highlights – November 9, 2020
Partial Road Allowance Closure Requests Approved
Greenview Council moved to approve the following Partial Road Allowance Closure Requests:
- Bylaw No.20-839 – Partial Road Allowance Closure Request South of SE-25-70-25-5: Greenview received a road closure request from Sturgeon Heights Community Club on August 1, 2019, to close 0.227 hectares (0.56 acre) ± of the undeveloped road allowance adjacent to the south boundary of the cemetery where gravesites are located.
- Bylaw No.20-840 – Partial Road Allowance Closure Request South of SE-09-72-01-W6: Greenview received a road closure request on March 20, 2019, to close a portion of Road Plan 0421800 to consolidate with the existing title to an agricultural quarter.
- Bylaw 20-848 Partial Road Allowance Closure Request – West of NW-9-69-21-W5: Greenview received a road closure request on February 20, 2020, to close a portion of Road Plan 2761 PX being an area consisting of 1.05 hectares ± (2.59 acres). The area would subsequently be consolidated with the existing title to the agricultural quarter NW-9-69-21-W5 (Certificate of Title 112 369 890+5, cont. 62.67 hectares).
Greenview Establishes Advisory Board for Greenview Regional Multiplex
Greenview Council approved the Greenview Regional Multiplex Advisory Board Bylaw 20-861. The Advisory Board will act in an advisory capacity on all matters pertaining to the operations, maintenance and functions associated with the Greenview Regional Multiplex.
Council Approves Partial Road Allowance Request
Greenview received a road closure request from Northland Logistics Corp. (Northland) on February 28, 2020, to close the portion of Road Plan 0421800 located south and adjacent to the Northland lot SE-09-72-01-W6. Council moved to approve the sale and consolidation of approximately 1.250 hectares within Road Plan 0421800 to Northland Logistics Corp. for the fair market value of $6,800.00, with the agreement also requiring reimbursement to Greenview of the survey and transfer costs.
Closing the road allowance would eliminate the ability for large units to turn around, and the construction of a cul-de-sac to meet Greenview’s Municipal Servicing Standards will be necessary. Costs for the construction of the cul-de-sac will be shared equally with Northland Logistics Corp.
Communications Tower Site Lease Gets Approval for Grande Cache
Council moved to direct Administration to enter into a long-term lease agreement with Telus Communications for the installation of a communications tower in the Hamlet of Grande Cache.
Sale of Tax Forfeiture Property Approved
An underground parking stall in Grande Cache identified as Plan 0728033 Block 12, Tax Roll 26163012, was transferred into Greenview’s name as per Section 424 of the MGA on November 28, 2019, and as per Policy AD 27, this property can be sold by Greenview after November 28, 2020. Council directed Administration to sell the Tax Forfeiture property at fair market value by listing the property for $7,500 with a realtor in Grande Cache.
Greenview Appoints Returning Officer for 2021 General Election
The Government of Alberta made a number of changes to the Local Authorities Election Act in 2019 and 2020 in the lead up to the 2021 General Election. One of these changes was to require Council to appoint a Returning Officer (RO) and a Substitute Returning Officer (SRO) by resolution prior to June 30th of an election year. Council appointed Danielle Leurebourg as Returning Officer and Carolyn Ferraby as Substitute Returning Officer for the 2021 General Election in preparation for the nomination period beginning January 1, 2021.
Council Supports Grande Spirit Foundation Fundraising Efforts
This year seniors are feeling particularly isolated due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Greenview Council committed to support Grande Spirit Foundation with a sponsorship in the amount of $550.00 for their Harvest Dine & Dance Virtual Non-Event. 100% of the funds raised through this event will be contributed directly to enhancing the quality of life for seniors in isolation.
Grande Cache Community Events Foundation Sponsorship Approved
The Grande Cache Community Events Foundation is looking to create an outdoor Christmas experience in the Bird’s Eye Park beside the Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre. This event will coincide with the programming at the Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre. The Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre is providing 2020 Christmas programming at the Tourism & Interpretive Centre on a smaller scale than anticipated due to Covid 19. The event will include two separate areas that will work together to create a cohesive experience.
Council moved to approve a sponsorship in the amount of $3000.00 to the Grande Cache Community Events Foundation for an outdoor large-scale holiday event in partnership with the Grande Cache Tourism & Interpretive Centre, December 11 to January 2021, with funds to come from Community Service Miscellaneous Grants.
Upcoming Events and Meetings
- November 16, 2020 – Committee of the Whole Meeting, Valleyview Council Chambers
- November 23, 2020 – Regular Council Meeting, Valleyview Council Chambers
- November 25, 2020 – Agriculture Services Board Meeting, Valleyview Council Chambers
Media inquiries may be directed to:
Stacey Sevilla, Manager, Communications and Marketing
Stacey.Sevilla@mdgreenview.ab.ca or 780-524-7625
Please note that there has been a venue and time change for the upcoming Committee of the Whole Meeting. The meeting which was originally scheduled at the DeBolt Public Service Building for 10:00 am has been moved to Valleyview Council Chambers and will start at 9:00 am.
Live streaming will be available here: https://mdgreenview.ab.ca/reeve-council/public-meeting-video-audio-streaming/
Download the Agenda Package here: https://mdgreenview.ab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/20-11-16-COTW-Agenda-Pkg.pdf
COVID-19 Update: Mandatory Masks or Face Coverings in Greenview Municipal Offices, FCSS, and the Grande Cache Tourism Information Centre
Greenview remains committed to working to provide continued services in the best interest of public health. With the health and safety of Greenview staff, Council and the general public being our top priority, Greenview will require mandatory face masks or face coverings to be worn in all municipal administrative offices, FCSS offices and the Grande Cache Tourism Information Centre until further notice.
Effective Monday, November 9, 2020, the MD of Greenview has implemented mandatory mask or face coverings at all Greenview municipal offices. Any public attending a municipal office, FCSS offices, or the Grande Cache Tourism Information Centre will be required to don a mask. Those without a mask will be provided with one to wear.
Masks should complement, not replace other preventative measures such as maintaining a physical distance of 2 metres between you and others, practice hand hygiene, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, and stay home when sick.
*Please note that increased protocols for Greenview Recreation Centres will be announced later this week.
Tune in Monday, November 9, at 9 am for the Greenview Regular Council Meeting.
Download the Agenda Package here: November 9, 2020 Agenda Package
The following bylaw is scheduled to be reviewed by Council at a Public Hearing on Monday, December 14, 2020, beginning at 9:15 a.m. Public is invited to participate by providing emailed feedback to email@example.com. Due to provincial Covid-19 regulations, virtual attendance is advised through our livestream (Video/Audio Live Stream).
Bylaw 20-856 Road Closure
To close undeveloped road allowance lying between NW-19-72-20-W5 and NE-24-72-21-W5.
Credit Card Payments Will Now Be Done With PaySimply
The Municipal District of Greenview is pleased to announce a new, convenient solution to pay your property taxes, utilities, and AR online with your choice of credit card.
We partnered with ATB Financial and through their unique partnership with PaySimply, you can now pay online or from your smart devices, with your credit card, within minutes.
- Secure – PaySimply doesn’t store your payment information
- Digital alternative to cheques and cash
- You can earn points on any rewards credit card and have your taxes pay you back!
Go to PaySimply.ca and pay your municipal bills when you want, from wherever you are and on any device.
The steps are as follows:
Go to PaySimply.ca
- Click on Municipalities
- Type in Greenview
- Choose what you would like to pay (Taxes, Utilities, AR)
- Following this, you will be asked to enter your email address, the account holder’s name, the account number (numerical input only), and the payment amount.
- Next enter your credit card information.
- Once processed, you will be given a transaction number and a receipt will be emailed to you from PaySimply.
For in person payments at our administration offices you will be provided with a tablet at the front desk to process your credit card payments through PaySimply. Our reception staff will be available to help you through this process.
The payment amount and any associated fees charged by PaySimply will be charged to your credit card
Other payment options (such as Interac e-transfer and PayPal) are also available at various fees.
Please allow 3 business days processing time.