M.D. East Maintenance Area
The east side of the M.D. is divided into six grader beats. Little Smoky, Valleyview, Valleyview North and New Fish Creek areas are maintained by M.D. owned graders. Sunset House and Sturgeon Heights are maintained by contract owned/operated graders. Approximately 120 km’s of paved roads are maintained by the M.D. owned plow trucks stationed at the Valleyview maintenance shop.
M.D. West Maintenance Area
The west side of the M.D. is also divided into six grader beats. The Grovedale area is maintained by an M.D. owned grader. The DeBolt, Puskwaskau, Forestry Trunk Road (4 sections), and Grande Cache areas are maintained by contract owned/operated graders. Forty Four km’s of paved road is maintained by the M.D. owned plow truck stationed at the Grovedale maintenance shop.
The Operations Services Department is responsible for:
- Road Maintenance
- Roadside Ditch Clean-Up Agreement 2017 Fillable
- Road Bans
- Road Use Agreements
- Dust Control Program
- Snowplowing of Private Driveways Program
- Private Approach Construction Form 2017
- Application Forms
- MISCELLANEOUS WORK REQUESTS FORM 2017
- Brushing Program – The Brushing Program employs a saw crew of 5 people from May to October of each year. The crew is responsible for brushing out right of ways and intersections for safety purposes.
- Roadside Ditch Mowing – There are 2 roadside ditch mowing crews with 3 employees per crew. This crew runs tractors (front wheel assist with 15 ft. pull behind mowers) five days a week from mid June to the end of October. As a result with every ditch in the municipality is mowed at least once and approximately 25% of the ditches are mowed a second time. This crew is also responsible for mowing our environmental drainage projects
- Beaver Control within M.D. road allowances
- Fleet Management
- Gravel Program – The M.D.’s gravel program is a rotational three-year program with approximately 300,000 tonnes of gravel applied annually. Gravel prospecting, crushing, and reclamation projects are administered through this department.
- Miscellaneous Work Request Form – A completed miscellaneous work request form is required for consideration/review for the following:
- first approach on the quarter;
- approach upgrades (widening etc.);
- drainage/ditching concerns along municipal roads;
- brushing along municipal roads;
- any other municipal repair/upgrade project
Please complete and submit the form to the Operations Office:
Click on the following link to obtain a form:
4802 – 36 Ave.
Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0