ROAD BAN RB 19-03
Effective Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 8:00am the Municipal District of Greenview No.16 has updated the Road Ban to 50 percent axle weight on the Forestry Trunk Road from Kilometer 5 to Kilometer 73.5 . All other gravel roads including the Forestry Trunk Road from Kilometer 73.5 to Kilometer 172.5 will remain at 75 percent axle weight until further notice. All asphalt roads are at 100 percent axle weight until further notice. Information may be found on the Greenview website at www.mdgreenview.ab.ca or by calling the Road Ban Hotline 780.524.6084
Effective Tuesday March 19, 2019 at 10:00am the Municipal District of Greenview No.16 has implemented a road ban on all gravel roads and the Forestry Trunk Road to 75 percent axle weight 24 hours a day until further notice. All asphalt roads are at 100 percent axle weight until further notice. Information may be found on the Greenview website at www.mdgreenview.ab.ca
or by calling the Road Ban Hotline 780.524.6084
For further information please call operations at 780.524.7602
At the regular council meeting on May 14, 2018 the Municipal District of Greenview No. 16 approved an increase to the Community Aggregate Payment Levy from $0.25 to $0.30 per tonne.
The Operations Department set the effective date to October 1, 2018 to give producers an opportunity to adjust to the new rate.
Greenview East Maintenance Area
The east side of Greenview is divided into six grader beats. Little Smoky, Valleyview, Valleyview North and New Fish Creek areas are maintained by Greenview owned graders. Sunset House and Sturgeon Heights are maintained by contract owner/operator graders. Approximately 120 kilometres of paved roads are maintained by Greenview owned plow trucks stationed at the Valleyview maintenance shop.
Greenview West Maintenance Area
The west side of Greenview is also divided into six grader beats. The Grovedale area is maintained by a Greenivew owned grader. The DeBolt, Puskwaskau, Forestry Trunk Road (4 sections), and Grande Cache areas are maintained by contract owner/operator graders. Forty-four kilometres of paved road is maintained by Greenview’s plow truck stationed at the Grovedale maintenance shop.
The Operations Services Department is responsible for:
- Road Maintenance
- Roadside Ditch Clean-Up Agreement 2019
- Road Bans
- Residential Dust Control Application 2019
- Road Use Agreements
- NEW 2017-2018 Snowplow Agreement Form
- Snowplowing of Private Driveways Program
- brushing along municipal roads;
- any other municipal repair/upgrade project
- MISCELLANEOUS WORK REQUESTS FORM – A completed miscellaneous work request form is required for consideration and/or review for the following:drainage/ditching concerns along municipal roads; repair and replace culverts.
- Brushing Program – The Brushing Program employs a saw crew of 5 people from May to October of each year. The crew is responsible for brushing out right of ways and intersections for safety purposes
- Roadside Ditch Mowing – There are 2 roadside ditch mowing crews with 3 employees per crew. This crew runs tractors (front wheel assist with 15 ft. pull behind mowers) five days a week from mid June to the end of October. As a result with every ditch in the municipality is mowed at least once and approximately 25% of the ditches are mowed a second time. This crew is also responsible for mowing our environmental drainage projects.
- Beaver Control within M.D. road allowances
- Gravel Program – The M.D.’s gravel program is a rotational three-year program with approximately 300,000 tonnes of gravel applied annually. Gravel prospecting, crushing, and reclamation projects are administered through this department.
- Fleet Management Click on any of the links to obtain a form then submit to:
4802 – 36 Ave.
Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0