What is a Land Use Amendment?
A Land Use Amendment is a request to rezone a property from one Land Use District to another Land Use District. It requires an amendment to the M.D of Greenview’s Land Use Bylaw.
What are the steps in the Land Use Amendment process?
Once the Land Use Amendment Application Package has been received, the following process is required to meet legislative guidelines:
- Notices will be sent to referral agencies and stakeholders who must be given one month to respond;
- Our Development Officer will perform a site inspection;
- The application will be reviewed by the Municipal Planning Commission and a recommendation made to Council;
- Council may give First Reading of the Bylaw;
- If First Reading is given, a Public Hearing date is set;
- A notice of Public Hearing is advertised in a local paper for two consecutive weeks, and at least five days prior to the hearing, and adjacent landowners are notified of the proposed amendment; and
- Public Hearing is held and Council may give Second & Third Readings.
How long is the Land Use Amendment process?
Land Use Amendment applications can take up to 4 to 6 months to process.
How much does a Land Use Amendment cost?
Land Use Amendment fees are regulated by the Schedule of Fees Bylaw.