Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP) – Municipal District of Greenview and Big Lakes County
Greenview and Big Lakes County have begun the process of developing an Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP) between the two municipalities. This process provides an opportunity for collaboration on matters such as service provision, land use, environmental protection and future development patterns.
We invite you to get involved!
- Attend our Drop-in Open House
- Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Time: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Sunset House Community Hall
- Complete our online survey, print a paper copy or pick one up at the Administration Building.
- Click here for additional information.
Sturgeon Lake Area Structure Plan (SLASP) Review
The SLASP is being updated to reflect current legislation and statutory plans, to identify and balance development opportunities and constraints, and to ensure the protection of Sturgeon Lake and the surrounding area. Click here to view the current Sturgeon Lake Area Structure Plan.
- Environmental Report – Environment was identified as an area of concern and focus.
- Background Report – Outlines municipal policy and regulatory context.
- Stepping Back From Water – A guide for new development near water bodies in Alberta’s settled regions.
- Citizens’ Panel Meeting #1 – Meeting notes from October 22, 2018, which includes a summary of responses from our recent survey.
- Citizens’ Panel Meeting #2 – Meeting notes from December 4, 2018.
- Private Sewage Treatment Systems – Safety Tips
- Private Sewage Treatment Systems – Separation Distances
- Private Sewage Treatment Systems – Holding Tanks
Greenview’s Land Use Bylaw 18-800 (Draft)
Greenview’s Land Use Bylaw controls and guides the use and development of all land and buildings within the municipality. Council had adopted the previous Land Use Bylaw 17-779 on February 26, 2018, and are presently reviewing it to provide up-to-date information. Click to review the Land Use Bylaw 18-800 (Draft).
NEW Grovedale Area Structure Plan
Grovedale Area Structure Plan Bylaw 17-785 was adopted by council on September 10, 2018. Greenview’s Grovedale Area Structure Plan (2018) is a high-level concept plan to help guide development within the Grovedale area.
The Planning and Development department provides assistance and information to facilitate planning and development within Greenview. We provide a wide range of services including the following:
Land Use Amendments
Municipal Rural Addressing and Grande Cache Rural Addressing
Land Use Maps (Bylaw 17-779)
Plans and Bylaws
We recognize that your time is valuable and we want to make sure someone is available to answer your questions. We encourage you to set up an appointment with one of our development officers by calling or emailing them ahead of time.
Price Leurebourg, Development Officer
Wards 2, 3 and 4 (Little Smoky, Valleyview and Sunset House)
Wards 1 and 8 Crown Land (Grande Cache and Grovedale)
Direct Line: 780.524.6078, email@example.com
Leona Dixon, Development Officer
Wards 5, 6 and 7 (New Fish Creek, DeBolt and Crooked Creek)
Wards 1 and 8 Titled Land (Grande Cache and Grovedale)
Direct Line: 780.524.7639, firstname.lastname@example.org
Celine Soucy, Development Technician
Direct Line: 780.524.6080, email@example.com
Jenny Cornelsen, Admin Support, Planning and Development
Direct Line: 780.524.7645, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally Ann Rosson, Planning and Development Manager
Direct Line: 780.524.7644, email@example.com