2018 Year End Report
Click here to see an overview of development activity within Greenview. The report includes lots of details on land use amendments, subdivisions, development permits, lease referrals and business licenses.
Greenview’s Land Use Bylaw No. 18-800
Greenview’s Land Use Bylaw, which controls and guides the use and development of all land and buildings within the municipality, was adopted by council on April 23, 2019. Click here to review Land Use Bylaw No. 18-800.
Sturgeon Lake Area Structure Plan (SLASP) Review
The SLASP is being updated to reflect current legislation and statutory plans, to identify and balance development opportunities and constraints, and to ensure the protection of Sturgeon Lake and the surrounding area. Click here to view the current Sturgeon Lake Area Structure Plan.
- Environmental Report – Environment was identified as an area of concern and focus.
- Background Report – Outlines municipal policy and regulatory context.
- Stepping Back From Water – A guide for new development near water bodies in Alberta’s settled regions.
- Citizens’ Panel Meeting #1 – Meeting notes from October 22, 2018, which includes a summary of responses from our recent survey.
- Citizens’ Panel Meeting #2 – Meeting notes from December 4, 2018.
- Private Sewage Treatment Systems – Safety tips
- Private Sewage Treatment Systems – Separation distances
- Private Sewage Treatment Systems – Holding tanks
The planning and development department provides assistance and information to facilitate planning and development within Greenview. Our wide range of services include the following:
Land use amendments
Bylaw No. 11-659 Rural Addressing and Bylaw No. 12-681 Grande Cache Rural Addressing
Land use maps (Bylaw No. 18-800)
Plans , Policies and Bylaws
Contact Planning and Development Staff
We recognize that your time is valuable and we want to make sure someone is available to answer your questions. We encourage you to set up an appointment with one of our development officers by calling or emailing them ahead of time.
Celine Soucy, Development Officer
Wards 1 and 8 (Grande Cache – Crown Land and Grovedale)
Direct Line: 780.524.6080; firstname.lastname@example.org
Price Leurebourg, Development Officer
Wards 2, 3 and 4 (Little Smoky, Valleyview and Sunset House)
Direct Line: 780.524.6078; email@example.com
Leona Dixon, Development Officer
Wards 5, 6 and 7 (New Fish Creek, DeBolt and Crooked Creek)
Direct Line: 780.524.7639; firstname.lastname@example.org
Susanne Nicholls, Development Officer
Division 9 (Hamlet of Grande Cache)
Direct Line: 780.827.3362; email@example.com
Alysse Barks, Development Technician
Direct Line: 780.524.7643; firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally Ann Rosson, Planning and Development Manager
Direct Line: 780.524.7644; email@example.com
Jenny Cornelsen, Admin Support, Planning and Development
Direct Line: 780.524.7645; firstname.lastname@example.org