The Environmental Services Department is responsible for the day to day operation and maintenance of the water, wastewater as well as the municipal solid waste sites throughout Greenview. This department is responsible for the following:
- 3 water treatment plants and water distribution systems (DeBolt, Ridgevalley and Little Smoky)
- 11 water points (Grovedale, South Wapiti, Goodwin, Puskwaskau, Crooked Creek, Sandy Bay, Sturgeon Heights, New Fish Creek, Sunset House, Sweathouse, and Little Smoky)
- 6 wastewater treatment lagoons (Grovedale, DeBolt, Tony Creek, Ridgevalley, Sturgeon Heights, and Little Smoky). NOTE:The Little Smoky and Ridgevalley lagoons are closed to septic truck dumping
- 4 wastewater collection systems (Grovedale, DeBolt, Ridgevalley and Little Smoky)
- 10 transfer stations (Grovedale, South Wapiti, DeBolt, Sturgeon Heights, Sandy Bay, New Fish Creek, Sunset House, Sweathouse and Little Smoky, Puskwaskau)
- 9 recycling pads (Grovedale, South Wapiti, DeBolt, Sturgeon Heights, Puskwaskau, New Fish Creek, Sunset House, Sweathouse and Little Smoky)
- 5 sets of recycle bins (Grovedale, DeBolt, Crooked Creek, Sunset House and Little Smoky)
- Managing Partner for the Greenview Regional Waste Management Commission Landfill
Information on the Landfill & Transfer Stations including hours of operation.
Information on the Water Points.
- Transfer station and landfill cleanup agreement
- Water Point Application
- Septage Dumping Agreement 2016
- Water Wastewater Application- Exisiting Accounts
- Water and Sewer Installation Application
Water Act Notices
The Government of Alberta’s Department of Environment and Parks provides public notification of decisions regarding the Water Act. When notices for the Greenview region are made available by the province they will be posted here as a courtesy to our residents and ratepayers. The Water Act is not governed by Greenview and the Environmental Services Department isn’t involved the decisions. If you have any questions please refer to the contact information provided by Alberta Environment and Parks in the Notice of Decision or contact their Regulatory Approvals Centre at 780-427-6311.