Council’s discussion on final approval of Budget 2019 included several recommended staffing changes that have been identified since the budget was developed in 2018.
- The job title for the Future Bridge Project Manager was changed to Roads & Bridges Construction Inspector.
- The title for the position of Municipal Engineer was changed to Engineering Design Technologist.
- Council approved an additional fulltime position for a Road & Bridge Construction Inspector.
- A new position of Environmental Services Coordinator will be created to provide additional assistance for Environmental Services in the Grande Cache area.
- A request for a Marketing & Communications Manager was tabled to the April 15 Committee of the Whole meeting.
- The title of Special Projects Coordinator was changed to Legislative Services Coordinator.
Council approved the 2019 Consolidated (Operational and Capital) Budget as amended. The final budget documents will be posted to our website. The 2020 and 2021 Consolidated (Operational and Capital) Budgets were accepted for information as presented.
Grande Cache Transition
Greenview will engage the services of Central Square to implement an integration program for the Grande Cache financial information into Greenview’s financial information programs at a cost of $123,904.
Council approved the purchase of the Seniors Minibus in Grande Cache for $1.00.
Bylaws & Policy
The Procedural Bylaw (Bylaw 19-809) received first and second reading.
Council approved Policy 1018 Expenditures and Disbursement as presented.
Grants and Sponsorships
The 2019 HEART Conference will receive a $2,500 sponsorship from Greenview. The conference will bring presenters from across Canada who are experts in family violence prevention. It will be held in Valleyview May 1 to 2, 2019. Registration is available online at eventbrite.ca.
The Valleyview & District Rural Crime Watch will receive a grant of $2,500. The funding will assist with the costs of hosting the 2019 Community Crime Prevention Forum.
Greenview will sponsor three tables at the Grovedale Community Club & Agricultural Society Entertainment Night on April 6th, 2019 for a total amount of $750. Proceeds from the event will go towards Lofstram Park.
The Cranberry Rodeo Association will receive an operational grant in the amount of $25,000 with funds to come from Community Services Miscellaneous Grants budget.
Greenview Library Board
Council agreed to assist the Municipal District of Greenview Library Board by including the Library Board’s employees on Greenview’s employee listing and providing employee benefits.
Council accepted the Municipal District of Greenview Fire Department Accident & Sickness Program Policy Summary for information.
Events and Meetings
- Regular Council Meeting: March 25, 2019.
- Committee of the Whole: April 15, 2019 at Eagle’s Nest Hall, Grande Cache.
- Municipal Planning Commission: April 9, 2019.
- Agricultural Services Board (ASB): March 27, 2019.
- Green View FCSS: March 20, 2019 at the Community Resource Centre (FCSS) Board Room.
Unless otherwise specified, all meetings (except FCSS meetings) take place in the Council Chambers at the Administration Building in Valleyview beginning at 9:00 am. ASB and FCSS meetings begin at 9:30 a.m. FCSS meetings take place at the Green View Community Resource Centre.
Media inquiries may be directed to Greenview’s Communications Officer Diane Carter at email@example.com or 780-524-7625.