We have four roads reopened today and 10 more hazards repaired. Updates will continue to be provided periodically through our website and social media networks as new roads reopen.
Many surface hazards are still being addressed and repaired. It is anticipated that most road repairs will be completed in one to two weeks. A few areas have sustained serious damages and will remain marked as hazards with signage so that drivers are aware. Long term repairs for these areas will be scheduled throughout the 2018 construction season.
New sinkholes have started to appear now that the flood waters have subsided and the ground settles. To report areas of concern, call Operations at 780-524-7602 or contact the area supervisor for your region: Ron Pollack at 780-524-7607 for Valleyview, Sunset House, Sweathouse, New Fish Creek, Ridgevalley, and Little Smoky; or Robert Kazakawich at 780-524-6086 for DeBolt, Puskwaskau, Grovedale and Grande Cache.
Below are the statistics as of May 14th:
- New Fish Creek Area: 4 hazards, 0 closed roads.
- Valleyview North: 0 hazards.
- Valleyview South: 2 hazards, 0 roads closed.
- Sunset House and Sweathouse Area: 0 hazards.
- Little Smoky Area: 0 hazards.
- Ridgevalley Area: 0 hazards.
- Crooked Creek: 0 hazards.
- Puskwaskau: 4 hazards and 0 closed roads.
- DeBolt: 6 hazards, 5 closed roads.
- Grovedale: 7 hazards, 0 closed roads.
Total: Today there are 23 hazards and 5 roads closed. On Friday there were 34 hazards and 9 closures.