Updates will continue to be provided periodically through our website and social media networks as new roads reopen.
- Several roads have reopened in the Grovedale area including Range Road 64A north of Highway 666 and Range Road 64 south of Township Road 692.
- In the Sunset House/Sweathouse area Township Road 720 West of Range Road 202 is also open.
There are two new hazards where the roads are open and passable but drivers are asked to exercise caution.
- Valleyview South area: Range Road 233 approximately 1 ½ miles south of Township 694. Washout along culvert on shoulder of the road.
- Sunset House/Sweathouse area: Range Road 201 approximately 1 ½ miles south of Secondary Highway 669. Washout along culvert on shoulder of the road.
It is anticipated that most road repairs will be completed in one to two weeks. A few areas have sustained serious damages and will remain marked as hazards with signage so that drivers are aware. Long term repairs for these areas will be scheduled throughout the 2018 construction season. To report areas of concern, call Operations at 780-524-7602 or contact the area supervisor for your region: Ron Pollack at 780-524-7607 for Valleyview, Sunset House, Sweathouse, New Fish Creek, Ridgevalley, and Little Smoky; or Robert Kazakawich at 780-524-6086 for DeBolt, Puskwaskau, Grovedale and Grande Cache.
Below are the statistics as of May 9th:
- New Fish Creek Area: 4 hazards, 0 closed roads.
- Valleyview North: 0 hazards.
- Valleyview South: 3 hazards, 0 roads closed.
- Sunset House and Sweathouse Area: 1 hazards, 2 closed roads.
- Little Smoky Area: 0 hazards, 1 closed road.
- Ridgevalley Area: 0 hazards.
- Crooked Creek: 0 hazards.
- Puskwaskau: 10 hazards and 2 closed roads.
- DeBolt: 9 hazards, 8 closed roads.
- Grovedale: 9 hazards, 0 closed roads.
Total: Today there are 37 hazards and 14 closures, yesterday there were 34 hazards and 16 closures.