FORWARDED ON BEHALF OF DALE CHRAPKO
Farm Energy Agri-Processing (FEAP) Program Open
FEAP is a combination of two discontinued GF2 programs:
- On-Farm Energy Management Program
- Accelerating Agricultural Innovation Program (Stream C)
By combining these two programs, a single program can be offered across the whole agricultural value-chain, for energy efficiency and energy management projects.
The Farm Energy and Agri-Processing Program shares costs with the agriculture and agri-processing sector on energy efficiency investments. The Program is designed to encourage energy management which will result in cost savings, energy conservation, and ultimately, reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
The Program offers financial support, subject to financial constraint, to Applicants who incorporate high efficiency equipment that is identified in the applicable Funding List in their construction and/or retrofitting projects.
- This program is RETROACTIVE to April 2016.
- Applicants with eligible receipts dated April 2016 and later can apply.
- Retroactive projects are subject to current eligibility criteria.
- 50% cost share on most items. See Funding List for full details.
- $250,000 maximum grant per Applicant per year
- Funding Timeline is from now to Feb 2020
- An EFP is NOT a prerequisite for this funding
- Applications will be processed in a first complete, first served basis.
- Incomplete applications will not secure a spot in line.
- Once applications have been approved, producers can watch for emails from the grant management system: “Grant_Management_System@agric.gov.ab.ca” They will get notifications from this email address as their application moves through the steps.
For More Information:
Visit www.agriculture.alberta.ca/feap for:
- Application forms
- Producer Funding List
- Processor Funding List
- Program Terms and Conditions
The On-Farm Solar PV Program
The program is being discontinued under GF2. It will now be a provincial program, located on Ropin’ The Web.
This move is happening because the March 31 deadline of GF2 is causing concern among solar installers. Since they cannot be sure that they can complete projects before that date, they are unable to apply. This move should alleviate that concern and get applications moving again. Please communicate this to your networks and drum up some business!
For both programs I think most callers will just want to get at the forms and documents. You can direct them to the website for that.
If producers have questions that you can’t answer, here’s where to send them:
- All Agri-Processing Questions go to Dana Gibson: 780-980-4220
- For Producer Questions:
|Forward to:||Number:||If caller is producer and Q is about:|
|Keri McPhee||403-329-1212, x230||Status of application|
|Jason Price||780-427-4181||Policy, or complaints|
|Outreach Officers||Vern: 403-894-0050
|Applicant or equipment eligibility|
Jason Price | Growing Forward 2 – On-Farm Energy Management Program | Environmental Extension & Programming Section | Environmental Stewardship Branch | Alberta Agriculture & Forestry | 2nd Fl, Legislature Annex, Edmonton AB, T5K 1E4 | Phone 780-427-4181